Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

piginawig

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
Hello everyone. I own Photoshop CS2 on my PC, but since I am buying a Mac soon, I want to upgrade to CS3 on the mac. How would I do this? Do I need to buy the Photoshop CS3 Upgrade for Mac or do I do the Transfer Registration in the help menu? Or do I need to fork over $600 to buy CS3?

evilyankeefan

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2007
I just went thru this process today. I had PS 6.0 and the CS upgrade for Windows. Called Adobe and told them I wanted to switch from Windows to Mac. They verified my licenses and said I was approved for a cross-platform transfer. They submitted the case for the transfer and directed me to sales as I wanted to get the CS3 upgrade.

Sales took a look at everything and put in an order for the full retail version of CS3 for Mac and charged me the upgrade price of $199. That along with tax and priority shipping, the total came to $225.

All I need to do is fill out the Letter of Software Destruction (nasty sounding) that indicates I'm destroying the PC versions of PS and fax it to Adobe. Once they verify the form, they send me CS3.

Took about 45 minutes for the whole process.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.