Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Philberttheduck

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2006
HB, CA
1.0.3 firmware for the iPod Classic annoys me. First, they don't sort my TV video files, which were ripped from DVDs, by episode number, but by date added (I guess I forgot to handbrake a couple of episodes) per season. eg, i have season 7 of friends but i added episode 14 last. episode 1 is the very last one on my list and 14 is the first. it used to be ordered by episode number which is much more convenient.

A much more annoying thing is that my Phillips Portable DVD/iPod Player no longer is compatible when playing videos (ie the video is no longer displayed on the larger screen), only audio. Granted, it's not 100% compatible (i have to skip the alphabetically ordered videos to the right movie file).

So now that I'm done ranting, is there a way I can downgrade back to 1.0.2? Because I dropped like 170 dollars on that portable ipod player and i don wanna watch on a 2.5" when I know there is a 8.5 staring back at me.

Anyone able to help me downgrade my classic to 1.0.2?

clyde88

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2007
Yes, you can, but there is one catch. You will need to format your ipod, so therefore backup ALL DATA on your IPOD. You have been warned.

Follow this guide:
http://spr33.co.uk/wp/archives/downgrading-apple-ipod-firmware-102-101

BUT! Watch out for steps 4-6 because as you can see this guide is really for
downgrading from 1.02 to 1.01. So when you reach step 5, instead of downloading the guides firmware file(which is 1.01), download the 1.02 firmware file(http://www.mediafire.com/?0ysymxbxngw) and 1.02 signature file(http://www.mediafire.com/?57x2sruyjdv). I know this is alot of info, so if you are confused at all, ill give you a step by step.:D

Note: When you get to step 4, if you see iPod_24.1.0.3.ipsw’ and ‘iPod_24.1.0.3.ipsw.signature that is okay, just delete those files then continue.

fglavey

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2007
Connecticut
I Downgraded to 1.0.2 and I still can't run my iPod through my Sonic Video55 dock

I have had the same issue and thought that reverting to version 1.0.2 would work. I had been able to play my videos before. I reinstalled version 1.0.2 today though and I still can't play the videos. The screen just says "TV Out Enabled Please Connect Video Accessory". Does anyone know what else could be the problem?

I have since resolved my problem. After I reverted to 1.0.2 I set the TV out to on. I then went back to my video and played it on my iPod. While it was playing I attached it to the Sonic and the video played on the dock. I hope this is helpful to others, I spent days trying to get this sorted out.

boghoss92

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2007
please can you send me ipod 1.0.2 signature files?

Yes, you can, but there is one catch. You will need to format your ipod, so therefore backup ALL DATA on your IPOD. You have been warned.

Follow this guide:
http://spr33.co.uk/wp/archives/downgrading-apple-ipod-firmware-102-101

BUT! Watch out for steps 4-6 because as you can see this guide is really for
downgrading from 1.02 to 1.01. So when you reach step 5, instead of downloading the guides firmware file(which is 1.01), download the 1.02 firmware file(http://www.mediafire.com/?0ysymxbxngw) and 1.02 signature file(http://www.mediafire.com/?57x2sruyjdv). I know this is alot of info, so if you are confused at all, ill give you a step by step.:D

Note: When you get to step 4, if you see iPod_24.1.0.3.ipsw’ and ‘iPod_24.1.0.3.ipsw.signature that is okay, just delete those files then continue.

Hello thanks a lot for these links. But it's not possible to get ipod 1.0.2 signature file. Can you send to me or give another link to have it ?
Thanks

thezombieak

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2007
I too need the Signature file!

Please can someone help us!

I too need the signature file for the iPod version 1.0.2!

The web page linked above dosn't have it anymore. Please help.

bmiller

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2007
I also need the 1.0.2 signature file.

Hello thanks a lot for these links. But it's not possible to get ipod 1.0.2 signature file. Can you send to me or give another link to have it ?
Thanks

Need to downgrade and cannot find the 1.0.2 signature file. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

PassingFlame117

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2007
Email me for the sig.

Just toss me an email if you need the 1kb .sig file.

PassingFlame117@gmail.com

I must warn you though, .02 is extremely glitchy and should only be used if nessicary. I have used it but I upgraded to .03 because songs/videos would not play/load.

buythepound

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2007
downgrade problems

I followed the instructions to downgrade my 3g Nano from 1.0.3 to 1.0.2. By removing the 1.0.3 files from the ipod update folder and replacing them with ipod_24.1.0.2 and ipod_24.1.0.2.ipsw.signature. Then hitting shift/restore button which asked me to restore to a previous version then OK then it said can't find firmware update. Thats it! no other options just back where I started from. What did I do wrong? I am trying to get it to work with my Sonic Vid-55. Any suggestions?

buythepound

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2007
Different ipsw. Files for Classic and Nano

As far as using the two ipsw files to downgrade to 1.0.2, The files start with ipod_24.1.0.2.ipsw, I read that the "24'"is for the Ipod Classic and "130" stands for the Nano. My question is do I just change the file name to switch out the "24" for "130"? Or is it a totally different file?

isenag

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2008
I also need the 1.0.2 signature file. I followed the instructions to download the other file, but could not access this file. Can someone please tell me how to get it? I can be reached at isenag@yahoo.com. I am trying to get my nano to play with the Sonic Impact V55 video player. Please help!

Thank you to those people that e-mailed me the signature file. I am now having an issue restoring my nano back to the 1.0.2 software. Although I have unchecked "check for updates automatically" under Edit/preferences, when I click "restore" a message pops up that says that Automatically checking for itunes and ipod updates is disabled and asks if want to check for updates. The only 2 options that it gives me is to "check" or "cancel". Then it keeps wanting to update the 1.0.3 software. It doesn't give me an option to upload an older version. Please help!

isenag

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2008
I followed the instructions to downgrade my 3g Nano from 1.0.3 to 1.0.2. By removing the 1.0.3 files from the ipod update folder and replacing them with ipod_24.1.0.2 and ipod_24.1.0.2.ipsw.signature. Then hitting shift/restore button which asked me to restore to a previous version then OK then it said can't find firmware update. Thats it! no other options just back where I started from. What did I do wrong? I am trying to get it to work with my Sonic Vid-55. Any suggestions?

I am having the same problem. Has anyone helped you?

maxmin

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2008
Firmware not recognized

I tried to download the 1.02 firmware from the links on mediafire and the file name is wrong so I've tried renaming it to: iPod_24.1.0.2.2.ipsw even though the firmware file downloads at just iPod_24.1.0.2.2. I have tried to restore from 1.03 to 1.02 using the downloaded firmware but it comes back saying that it can't find firmware. Has anyone had any luck with this? I've been able to email one person who was successfully able to get 1.02. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

fglavey

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2007
Connecticut
I tried to download the 1.02 firmware from the links on mediafire and the file name is wrong so I've tried renaming it to: iPod_24.1.0.2.2.ipsw even though the firmware file downloads at just iPod_24.1.0.2.2. I have tried to restore from 1.03 to 1.02 using the downloaded firmware but it comes back saying that it can't find firmware. Has anyone had any luck with this? I've been able to email one person who was successfully able to get 1.02. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

I believe this fix and those files are only for the iPod Classic.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
If all else fails, you could save your original $170 investment by getting the new $50 Apple video cable, right? Start up video out playback with that cable, then take it off and put the iPod in the Philips unit.

At least that's what I've read.

alankelly

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2008
downgrade to 1.0.2

I was able to restore my ipod classic 160g to 24_1.0.1 but the TV out stays off. ipod does not react or allow me to change the option to TV OUT. I am trying to utilize the sonic v55 again. Will 24_1.0.2 fix it..? GREAT NEWS...1.0.2 WORKS IT ALL OUT AND THE V55 IS WORKING AGAIN

gswyckoff

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2008
Looking for 1.0.2

I too am having this problem. Anyone get a resolution to this?

Hey coco... I am in the same boat. Can't believe how difficult it is to locate and download prior firmware versions for my Classic. I am trying to get 1.0.2 as it is the only version I have read will support the TV out to Sonic V55 player.

mr.coco

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2008
Hey coco... I am in the same boat. Can't believe how difficult it is to locate and download prior firmware versions for my Classic. I am trying to get 1.0.2 as it is the only version I have read will support the TV out to Sonic V55 player.

there is a link above (#2) to the firmware which should work for a classic. The problem I am having is for the 3G Nano. Did you try that?

gswyckoff

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2008
Mediafire Download Doesn't Work

Thanks Mr. Coco... I have tried that link and downloaded the files. But I can not get the firmware in this download to look or work correctly. There are extra files in the download and the file name for the firmware in not correct.

alankelly

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2008
downgrade to 1.0.2

Follow up to my last post regarding the ability to downgrade to 1.0.2. I recently used my 160g classic with the sonic v55 on a recent vacation. It worked great but a trick needs to be done. while the v55 is OFF, make sure the setting on the ipod-tv out- is on, you pop in the classic, select the show, THEN turn the v55 ON....I have both the 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 firmware and signatures available if anyone needs it. Send me an email,
ashrem5277@aol.com and I'll send it off to you. Remember, you will lose all info on your ipod when you do this, and this is the link to the instructions.
http://spr33.co.uk/wp/archives/downg...rmware-102-101

gswyckoff

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2008
alankelly.... Thanks so much for the post and trick.:) I will be sending an e-mail to you for the 1.0.2 firmware. What firmware version are you using?

gswyckoff

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2008
Yeah! Firmware!

alankelly.... Thanks so much for the post and trick.:) I will be sending an e-mail to you for the 1.0.2 firmware. What firmware version are you using?

mr.coco

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2008
Firmware?

Did the new firmware work for you? If so can you forward the 1.0.2 to me?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.