Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i have one. it works great. no issues with it at all. can't tell that its there really, sorry no camera on hand to take a picture right now.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Cool. Do you have a black or white MacBook?

i have the white one. its nearly impossible to tell i have the trackpad guard on along with the button. the only place you notice the palmrest one is on either side where there is a slight difference and where it ends. well worth the money though.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
I'm using this one by powersupport..

2128790058_a1e6d71678_b.jpg

it's more like a wrist matt, making typing more comfy comes with trackpad protector too. Though it does protect your palm-rest from being polished and becoming shiny plus it offers the user comfort while typing. :D

bbydon

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2005
ATL
I had one of these and ended up throwing it away.
The button piece was the only thing i could stand.
The palm piece was ok but it was off color and annoyed me.
I have a black macbook.
The plastic on the track pad sucked....it wasnt as smooth moving your finger across the track pad.
It would catch all the time when moving yer finger on dull plastic.

macguymike

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 28, 2003
California
While not as "silky" feeling as the material Apple uses, my experience with the trackpad cover has been just fine. Smooth, reactive, glides with no problems whatsoever. It would be perfect if they could've replicated the underlying trackpad feel, though.

Guess I'll have to try it out for myself. I've pretty much committed to getting one of these, no matter whether I decide to get the black or white MacBook.

Thanks to everyone for your replies. :)

aaronw1986

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2006
Guess I'll have to try it out for myself. I've pretty much committed to getting one of these, no matter whether I decide to get the black or white MacBook.

Thanks to everyone for your replies. :)

I have this for my MBP, works well. I like the feel of the trackpad cover.

Winglet

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2007
Upstate, NY
Has anyone removed the Moshi Palmguard?

I am considering ordering this and want to make sure that it won't damage the finish on my SR MBP.

Thanks

Jowl

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2006
UK
Anyone know of a UK supplier?

These look perfect for me - my macbook button/palm rest is already discoloured :(

crazy legs

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2008
OC
Where can you buy in the USA?

I am looking for something to protect my mac book pro also the button.

What do you guys think I should get ?

wallaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Iowa
Where can you buy in the USA?

I am looking for something to protect my mac book pro also the button.

What do you guys think I should get ?

I'm wondering where to buy this at also. Looks much better than other palmguards I've seen, though too bad it doesn't come with a flap of material to cover the keyboard (to protect the screen).

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
I just received my Black palmguard yesterday. I ordered it on Saturday, so it only took 3 days to arrive.

My thoughts. I LOVE it. Installing it takes all of 5 minutes. The black blends in perfectly with the rest of the Macbook. I actually wish the whole Macbook was made with this matte finish.

I am still up in the air about the trackpad. It is a clear plastic, and I don't really care for the look or the feel of it. It seems to lose some of the sensitivity. I have only used it a few hours so I will save judgement. If not it will come off.

The palmguard and button cover are exactly what I was hoping for. Well worth the $20. Gone are the smudges and fingerprints which drive me nuts.

Now I am in the hunt for a skin or cover for the top of the Macbook.

Macula

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2006
All over the place
Likewise! I tend to be very grumpy when it comes to technology because it is nowadays manufactured according to a bottom-line rationale. But this time I must admit this is a terrific product. I installed a white wristguard on a brand-new Macbook yesterday, and indeed I also wish Apple would use the same material.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.