Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toddngina

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
I believe there was a way in iTunes if you were watching a rented movie that if you hit pause before the end credits finished playing, and then came back more than 24 hours later, it would let you finish watching the flick? Even letting you rewind back to the beginning. Anybody check this feature yet? Curious if it works.

Thx

uva25

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2008
I believe there was a way in iTunes if you were watching a rented movie that if you hit pause before the end credits finished playing, and then came back more than 24 hours later, it would let you finish watching the flick? Even letting you rewind back to the beginning. Anybody check this feature yet? Curious if it works.

Thx

Related question- What if you start a two hour movie when the rental guide says you have 1 hour left of your rental. Will it cut you off mid-movie?

kbunch

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2007
Tucson, AZ
Answer to the first.

You can pause it and then come back. I did this with 3:10 to Yuma.

Answer to the second.

If you start watching the movie before the rental period is up it will let you finish the movie.

pedz

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2007
When pausing do you have to leave the Apple TV on that movie? By that I mean, can I pause a movie and watch other content on the apple tv, then go back and finish watching even if it passes the 24 hours? Or when you say pause does that mean you don't leave that screen?

And a related question, if you can use other content while paused, can you go back to the movie after the 24 hours or do you have to resume before the 24 hours ends?

Thanks,
peter

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.