Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chuckles:)

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2006
CANADA
Alright, so it seems like everyone on the internet is quite sure that there will be a 3G iPhone at WWDC. But what if there isn't? I know its unlikely, but it could happen, right?

So lets try a thought experiment. Everyone pretend you just saw the keynote without a mention of the iPhone. You are crushed. devastated. your world has just come tumbling to the ground. How could steve do this to you?

Please respond to this thread as if it were the real deal.

There is no 3G iPhone, just more info on the software update.

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT? :eek:

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
I'll go about my normal life as I really don't care. People will be mad even if 3G gets announced because there are much higher expectations piled on top of it.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
no 3g iphone?!?!?

how very unimportant to us ppl with no phone....

id be more dissapointed frankly if there is no macbook redesign (its there, just most likely wont be released at WWDC)

timmypv15

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2007
i have thought about this too

it would be just like last year when everyone had expectations of some announcement at WWDC regarding the iPhone, and all we got was web apps and everyone was pissed.

but i guess its true, you can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time

JBaker122586

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
why so? i havent really heard much about the 3G at WWDC other than on the internet, anyone that reports on it expects it, but not from WWDC.

Are you living under a rock?
I've seen stories about it on every major tech website, CNN, Fox News, tons of major newspapers worldwide, Mossberg has referenced it... it's everywhere. All the insiders expect it. Apple's done nothing to try and quell any rumors (which they would do if they didn't want their stock prices to adversely be affected).

Stock prices would drop quickly and drastically if WWDC passes with no new iPhone.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I've seen stories about it on every major tech website, CNN, Fox News, tons of major newspapers worldwide, Mossberg has referenced it... it's everywhere. All the insiders expect it. Apple's done nothing to try and quell any rumors (which they would do if they didn't want their stock prices to adversely be affected).

Stock prices would drop quickly and drastically if WWDC passes with no new iPhone.

exactly, the INSIDERS, not the general public, AAPL wouldnt be MAJORLY affected, but there deffinatly would be a drop

olternaut

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2007

Seriously, Steve Jobs would have an accident in his pants if for some reason someone at apple messed up the 3g iphone launch. If he was forced for whatever disasterous reason to make a last minute delay of the iphone 2.0 launch I'm sure he would be vomiting and quaking in his boots right now as how to break the news to the world!

MacDryCleaner

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2007
oh well

of course, 3G will be nice but what is going to change everything next week is going to be 3rd party apps. I'm as excited as everyone else is about the possibility of video conferencing, faster access, deleting multiple emails and some of the fun little nuggets that Apple will provide but it is those 3rd party apps (not to mention enterprise) that will keep our heads spinning for months and years to come.

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
I'd prolly just react like "Oh, well that kinda sucks I suppose." I'm perfectly happy with my current iPhone; it does everything I need and more.

Besides, if there's no 3G iPhone, I'll give the market a day or two to let AAPL asplode and then pick some up über cheap and watch it build again on the next rumour :D

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
of course, 3G will be nice but what is going to change everything next week is going to be 3rd party apps. I'm as excited as everyone else is about the possibility of video conferencing, faster access, deleting multiple emails and some of the fun little nuggets that Apple will provide but it is those 3rd party apps (not to mention enterprise) that will keep our heads spinning for months and years to come.

Exactly. Its all about the 2.0 software upgrade and the apps. 3G etc. is just gravy. iPhone OS is absolutely amazing...

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
exactly, the INSIDERS, not the general public, AAPL wouldnt be MAJORLY affected, but there deffinatly would be a drop

AAPL seems to have drastic changes related to insider news all the time - things the general public doesn't know anything about. I think you are under estimating the effect this would have.

I think it would drop like a rock - just like it did in January...

I'm not saying I would agree with that, but that the media and industry has built up huge expectations for the new iPhone, and if Apple doesn't deliver what they EXPECT them to deliver, I'm sure it would tank...

Keeping up with these expectations is what concerns me most about AAPL...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.