Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dalcorn1

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
Facebook App Not Logging In yet

anyone else having problems with his?

Also it's kinf of frustrating that a lot of the location based stuff is US, i've deleted a fair few apps now. Most annoyingly Yellow Pages.

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
Yeah this app doesnt work yet... I suspect it will be working within 24 hours though!

Grease2310

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2007
Yellowpages.com is an AMERICAN business directory owned by at&t

Yellowpages.CA is a CANADIAN business directory, sorry to upset you but the app is called YELLOWPAGES (not .com) and you'd think it's be a localized version as it is not restricted to download within the US like some apps. America is a great country but the people in it need to realize there are places outside your border you don't yet control.

ylnick413

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2008
Fort Wayne, IN

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
This part from the blog I found interesting:

The first version of Facebook for iPhone is just a glimpse of the future. For instance, the iPhone has the ability to find where you are located, and we are looking for ways to let you opt-in to share your location and discover nearby friends.

Kind of like that Loopt app, but better - since I already have so many friends on Facebook (and a good many with iPhones!).

ChrisSamsa

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2007
Um... where do you access the Wall? I'm not seeing it. If they left that out its a pretty big oversight.

Yeah.. seriously.. no wall=no facebook if you ask me. I don't want to have to use the webapp for the wall, and the native app for everything else..?

saturniphone

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2008
Wow. I am blown away by how bad this app is. The facebook web app is one of the most impressive web apps for the iPhone. This native app is missing TONS of things that the web app has. You can't see your wall or anyone else's wall, you only see status messages on the home tab, you can't see photos, etc. And the only thing that the native app has that the web app doesn't is chat. I'm sorry, but you can't take away 80% of the functionality, add chat, and call it a day. What a huge disappointment.

rscott

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2008
Um... where do you access the Wall? I'm not seeing it. If they left that out its a pretty big oversight.
I can't find it either. But hopefully they will update it soon to add more functionality. I think the description in the iTunes store even says things will be added in the coming weeks and months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.