Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macman4291

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
I did and I was shocked, I was told they activation process was so slow, that you can just do it from your house, like the original iPhone, that was one PLUS from the slow servers today, being able to be the first one to open it and play with it.

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
I originaly bought a 16G black iPhone and the AT&T rep didnt open the phone when I walked out. This was the only reason I was able to return the 16G for the white one without incurring the restocking fee.

angel1286

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
i actually walked out of the store with an unopened and activated iphone, so the crappy razr i had in my pocket was useless and i had no phone until i got home. ;)

karmamule

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2008
Waltham, MA
I opened mine at the store by choice and activated on iTunes right then, mostly because I just wanted to make sure it turned on ok, the screen looked good, and nothing odd happened.

All was well and I am busy playing around with it now!

=B-)

ctnguye3

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2008
They opened mine and activated at the spot, but they had me actually doing it, like taking out the phone and plugging it in the USB cable...I was okay with it since I wanted to make sure the LCD had no dead pixels before leaving anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.