Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lindsayanng

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2008
East Haven, CT
Ok, i have been SEARCHING for something that is a holder and car charger and fm transmitter. I found this one:
9-in-one
\which looks AWESOME. everything i want and more. ONE MAJOR ISSUE THOUGH..
There is no way it will fit in my car outlet. Basically, the stupid people who designed my car made it impossible to plug anyhting into the outlet other than a small charger. The outlet is 3 inches to the right of the key hole and BEHIND the windshield wiper blade.. So if i plug anything more than a simple plug in there, i can not turn OFF my wipers, and i have to unplug and replug it in everything i put my key in or take it out.. A BBIG PAIN IN THE BUTT

so i have been looking for a 9-in-one style fm transmitter/charger/holder that has a single plug with a cord. This way i can attach it to the windshield or the vent, or anywhere i want!

The other option was to purchase a splitter and mount the splitter to the top of the dash and plug the item into the splitter, but then i have a LARGE ugly splitter on my dash and a mess of wires. I would rather have my splitter near the floor on the center console.

SO>... ANY SUGGESTIONS?? I'm dying here!

Bodah

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2008
I don't know if you have a 3G iPhone or not, but you may want to read the bottom of the page if you do.

"- For iPhone 3G (or iPhone 2.0), this transmitter could NOT be a CHARGER, it means it cannot charge iPhone 3G."

lindsayanng

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2008
East Haven, CT
I don't know if you have a 3G iPhone or not, but you may want to read the bottom of the page if you do.

"- For iPhone 3G (or iPhone 2.0), this transmitter could NOT be a CHARGER, it means it cannot charge iPhone 3G."

I should have clarified. I have a 2g. And I said that one wouldn't work anyways.

lindsayanng

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2008
East Haven, CT
OMG. i'm REALLY getting frustrated here. I can not believe that there is not ONE good all it one for sale.. WTH is going on? I would have thought there would be accessories up the wazoo, but everyone else seems to be more interested in their case/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.