Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xorro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
UK
Hi all,

I got my Mac on Saturday and since then I have had 2 instances of the mouse ceasing to work.

I have checked that bluetooth is on, which it is, and MM is listed there as an attached device. However, when you move the mouse, nothing happens, the cursor stays put.

I end up connecting a spare mouse. Disconnecting MM from the bluetooth menu, then re-connecting.

The batteries are new and I've tried a couple of sets.

pwn247

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
West Virginia, USA
Hi all,

I got my Mac on Saturday and since then I have had 2 instances of the mouse ceasing to work.

I have checked that bluetooth is on, which it is, and MM is listed there as an attached device. However, when you move the mouse, nothing happens, the cursor stays put.

I end up connecting a spare mouse. Disconnecting MM from the bluetooth menu, then re-connecting.

The batteries are new and I've tried a couple of sets.
I've actually had the same issue. It usually occurs when I link the keyboard with Windows in Boot Camp, and then come back to OS X and I have to re-link the keyboard.

Open up System Preferences, click Bluetooth, and disconnect your mouse if it's in the list on the left. From there, go ahead and hit the plus button at the bottom left of that little list, and make sure you select 'Mouse' in the setup. At this point, power your Mighty Mouse off, and then back on, so the Bluetooth will detect it.

If there are problems during this part, chances are you have a faulty mouse, or a faulty internal Bluetooth component inside your 24" iMac.

mattcooper

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2008
Bargara
Hello
I believe my brand new iMac 24" 09 Refresh has a faulty BLUETOOH Transmitter.

I have owned the iMac for three days.. Day 2.. Listening to music browsing the web the Wireless Mighty Mouse and Apple Wireless Keyboard dropped out. I had to turn them off and on.. and fiddle around for 5 mins to get them to work again..

Day 3.. Same problem... Dropped out again..

Called Apple was told to do a command of COMMAND CONTROL R P..

The problem hasn't happened again yet.. But I am now investigating to see if anyone else has heard or has this problem with the new iMacs?

Regards
Matt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.