Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wicker

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Hi all,

I've experienced a wake from sleep issue today.

I left my MacBook (2.4 GHz, 2GB RAM, 250 HDD, early 2008) sleeping overnight and when I tried to wake it up this morning it sort of did... but not really.

First of all, the CD/DVD drive did not spin as it usually does when it wakes from sleep and when it boots up. Secondly, the screen remained turned off, with the light going from flashing to solid. I left it for a minute or so and then tried pressing the spacebar to see if that would make it, but nothing. Soon after I heard the fans spinning very loudly.

I was forced to hold the power button and shut down that way. I left it a few minutes before booting back up and on it's first boot it rebooted before it hit the Apple Logo screen.

Now (second boot) it seems to be fine, but I was wondering if anybody knew why this happened (and if so how to prevent it from happening again)? This hasn't happened before (and I've had this machine for over a year)... I'm thinking of blaming it on 10.5.7, but I'm not sure...

Thanks in advance!

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Your issue happens from time to time.
When it happens to me, I just close the lid again, wait a minute, and open it up again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.