Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
As I'm sitting at my computer with my iPhone on my desk, I get emails. I read them on my computer, obviously. Then, in order to get the badge off of my Mail app on my iPhone, I have to open it and let it refresh, and sometimes view the email again just to mark it as read.

If I read the email on my iPhone, the read status gets pushed to the cloud then pushed to my computer and my computer's badge goes away nearly instantly.

I'm tired of this crap. When I read my emails on my computer, I want the read statuses to get pushed to the iPhone.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

The read status is is pushed in the follow directions:

iPhone -> Me.com
iPhone -> Mac
Me.com -> Mac
Mac -> Me.com

But it does NOT push read statuses:

Me.com -> iPhone
Mac -> iPhone

This is EXTREMELY irritating. Please go to http://www.apple.com/feedback/mobileme.html and send them a comment. I just sent one.

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
Same here. Additionally, when I read an email on my touch, the unread status isn't pushed to my iPhone until I open the iPhone mail app. I sent feedback through the link too, thanks.

michaelb82

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2009
SYD
Same problem with email deleted from me.com or mail on my mac, delete the email but won't be deleted from the iphone, very annoying when you are waiting for a reply to an important email and think its come in, when in fact is hasn't :(

Feedback submitted to Apple.

NewGenAdam

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2008
It's so sucky, right.
I just hope 3.0 brings a fix, otherwise I'll join or start a petition.
It's just poor!

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2008
I'm a dev running 3.0 GM and its not "fixed". I'm hoping they do something about it as well.

shollingsw3

Cancelled
Mar 27, 2007
Wow, I've never really noticed this before, but now that you mention it, it has been happening for me also. I will definitely submit feedback about this issue.

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
This is one of the reasons I stopped using my me.com email address. I had ALL my mail forwarded to it before, but now I don't. I can get true push syncing of calendars and contacts with Google Sync, so I don't even need those any more. I'm having a hard time justifying the cost to renew when my subscription is up. Find My iPhone and iDisk alone aren't worth the price. So maybe they'll "fix" it eventually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.