Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheKrillr

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2006
Got a good .ipcc file and was good.

Now I'm on AT&T 5.0 but can neither tether nor MMS. :confused:

did you use the .ipcc from my website? not all .ipcc files are the same. you have to use a modified one to enable these features.

as noted in the updates on the tutorial, you may have to manually name the file to ATT_US.ipcc -- sometimes some browsers will detect that its really just a .zip and append a .zip.

you can do this by opening a Terminal, navigating to where you downloaded the file (usually Downloads, so "cd Downloads") and doing "mv ATT_US.ipcc.zip ATT_US.ipcc". then iTunes should have no problem recognizing it.

illidian

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
did you use the .ipcc from my website? not all .ipcc files are the same. you have to use a modified one to enable these features.

as noted in the updates on the tutorial, you may have to manually name the file to ATT_US.ipcc -- sometimes some browsers will detect that its really just a .zip and append a .zip.

you can do this by opening a Terminal, navigating to where you downloaded the file (usually Downloads, so "cd Downloads") and doing "mv ATT_US.ipcc.zip ATT_US.ipcc". then iTunes should have no problem recognizing it.

It was detected as some package file or somesuch. Thanks for the tip - I'm sure others will find it useful. I used iClarified's .ipcc, though I'll try renaming yours and see if that is successful. Will check back soon.

PS: after naming your bundle ATT_US.ipcc, it's acting as a folder in iTunes. When I go to update, it's forcing me to select a file within the folder. Still no go.

Ampidire

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2007
WA
worked perfectly on my 3.0 16GB 3G, hopefully it works on my 3G S⃣ 32GB coming tomorrow.

HiFiGuy528

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2008
I got tethering to work, but no MMS. I can see my iPhone account on ATT site showing NON-iPhone text messaging. When I go to my Camera Roll, no MMS as an option. Am I doing something wrong?

TomiY1

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, CA
Do you need to have Leopard to use tethering??? = / I have a macbook pro with 10.4.11 and it doesnt recognize the phone when i turn on the tethering option on the phone... any suggestions?

TheKrillr

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2006
I got tethering to work, but no MMS. I can see my iPhone account on ATT site showing NON-iPhone text messaging. When I go to my Camera Roll, no MMS as an option. Am I doing something wrong?

Did you do a complete restart of the iphone?

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
I used the method with this website.

http://help.benm.at/help.php

Everything went fine and the internet tethering option showed up on my phone and it worked on my MacBook. Will AT&T be able to find out that you're using this without a tethering plan or will they be able to stop it by releasing an updated carrier file?

tinkrbell825

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2009
It was detected as some package file or somesuch. Thanks for the tip - I'm sure others will find it useful. I used iClarified's .ipcc, though I'll try renaming yours and see if that is successful. Will check back soon.

PS: after naming your bundle ATT_US.ipcc, it's acting as a folder in iTunes. When I go to update, it's forcing me to select a file within the folder. Still no go.

I've done all of this and even though now I can see the .ipcc file, whenever I try to install the carrier update to get the 5.0 profile I get an error message. It's very frustrating. And I've looked at numerous tutorials to see if maybe I did something wrong. I also was having the problem that the person before me was having with selecting a file within a folder, but none of them are selectable. Any suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.