Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
is there a way we can make this room viewable by only loging in i come into this part of the forums to try new apps and its annoying to try new apps when a dev gives out 20 codes and 4 posts say they took codes and the rest are all in use is there a way we can fix this? :confused:

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Great idea.

I also think it would be great if there was seperate forums for devs who wanted to share their codes and people who want to share their "slayer" or "vampire" codes or whatever that huge section is at the top of the list.

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
is there a way we can make this room viewable by only loging in i come into this part of the forums to try new apps and its annoying to try new apps when a dev gives out 20 codes and 4 posts say they took codes and the rest are all in use is there a way we can fix this? :confused:

110% agree with you. Lurkers get the benefit of being a registered member without any review for the developer and we all get a bunch of used codes. And especially since most devs register to share their app, but dont have PM privelages. :rolleyes:

gescom

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2007
Austin, TX
Great idea.

I also think it would be great if there was seperate forums for devs who wanted to share their codes and people who want to share their "slayer" or "vampire" codes or whatever that huge section is at the top of the list.

Yes, like an app codes section and account codes section. I see so many * Wars that I tend to overlook a chance to review what could be useful apps.

John Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2003
Columbia, MD
Are you guys talking of source code (the Mac Programming forum) or something else? If you are...

... Then I don't get it. If you don't want people to see your code, then don't post it. If you want to hide a forum from people who haven't logged in, it isn't like its hard for someone to just create a MacRumors account and log in and browse the forum anyway.

iphoneftw

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
i agree
before i registered i used to mooch of all the codes it would be smart to make it private
it would generate more site registered visitors 2 seeing as people want to get promo codes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.