Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stofferdk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
Copenhagen, Denmark
Please note, this thread is (apart from normal) not a whine thread... especially as I am not upgrading my current 3G.

The 3Gs is finally going to be released ultimo July in scandinavia - even though Apple promised it June 9th at the keynote (Yes, Denmark etc were listed).

I am not entirely sure how much the US iPhone 3Gs is when the contract has been paid of in full - but:

While the danish and norwegian prices are yet to be determined, the swedish ones have surfaced officially - asking over 10 000 SEK, which should equal no less than 1400 US dollars. (only 1 option, you cant remove datapackage etc - 24 month mandatory contract).

Am I mistaking, or could one buy a brand new Unibody Alu MacBook Pro with Mobile Me membership for the same amount of money?

I thought you might find it amusing, or even make you feel better about the price tag you pulled for your phone.

(or - am I entirely wrong, is the US phone just as expensive? - enlighten me if so!)

enjoy

(PS: oh btw, for those interested - Apples is unlike last year exclusively in Denmark (concerning scandinavia) putting their phone up for grabs at no less than 3 providers, including Telia Sonera, Telenor and "3". It should demand some competetive prices, yes?)

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
Here in the US, the phone is $199. Then you have to pay a minimum of $69 a month for two years, so yes, its just as expensive. If you have a family plan, adding an iPhone as the 3rd line is $40 a month.

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
sounds like the unlocked price.

I suspect there are the various tariff situations added in to the price due to it being a foreign (USA) product.

iSaga

macrumors regular
May 25, 2008
I'm waiting patiently for them to release the Norwegian prices. I would imagine it should be released any day now.

Anxiously awaiting the 31st, especially now that I shattered my 3G screen the other day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.