Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
I decided I was going to do a clean install for Snow Leopard, just because it's been a long time since I did a fresh install. Moving files is easy, but installing applications is where it a lot of times comes in. From searching for it in Google, to downloading it, to actually installing it.

Then I came up with an idea. Go sign up for a iUseThis account (for Mac) at http://osx.iusethis.com/. Go search for every single application you have installed on your computer and also may want installed on your computer and click "iUseThis" (make sure you are under "For Mac").

Now, download AppFresh, and sign in with your iUseThis credentials. Now you can go to the iUseThis section of AppFresh and all your applications you selected are now there. Most applications have a direct download link, so this makes it even easier.

Select all applications>right click>install. AppFresh will now download your applications and install them into your Application folder, automatically. This won't work for every application, but it does for a lot. I've never thought of a use for iUseThis, until now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.