Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inf

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 22, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Can anyone help me with the Backgrounder badges. I really dislike the default badge theme, and would like to change them.

I downloaded couple from Cydia, and activeted the one i want to use from Winterboard.

I still get the default backgrounder badge style...any help?

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
The latest update to Backgrounder moved the badge image up a level in the directory tree. As a result, backgrounder themes have been broken. A workaround is manually to replace the image using SSH, iFile, DiskAid, or some other method (I used iFile). The file is called /var/stash/Applications.pwn/Background.app/badge.png. You can locate the badge.png image for the theme you want in the directory /var/stash/Themes.pute73/YourThemeName.theme/ (replacing YourThemeName with the name of your theme, of course).

h.s

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2008
The latest update to Backgrounder moved the badge image up a level in the directory tree. As a result, backgrounder themes have been broken. A workaround is manually to replace the image using SSH, iFile, DiskAid, or some other method (I used iFile). The file is called /var/stash/Applications.pwn/Background.app/badge.png. You can locate the badge.png image for the theme you want in the directory /var/stash/Themes.pute73/YourThemeName.theme/ (replacing YourThemeName with the name of your theme, of course).

That did the trick for me, too. Thx mate.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Here's mine.
Posted on the correct thread this time :D
lol

Attachments

• badge.png
    badge.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 3,701

Special Blend

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2010
I have the iPhone 4, and I wanted to update the Backgrounder badge for the retina display. I was able to locate the image and upload the one i created, but the image isn't autoshrunk like many images on the iPhone 4. Does anybody know how to allow it to display at normal size?

c958d6ff.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.