Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
JosiahPB said:
Can't beleive I get to start this thread. Although I do beleive in a thing called love.
u cant start this thread without posting your desktop :p

i guess i'll have to be the first one :D

linky

Cloatus

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2004
New York City
A mod of Sticboy's Organic wallpaper and a new system font.

Attachments

• Organic.jpg
    Organic.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 568

belair

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Luxland
Finally

I can post a decent desktop.
Until last week all my desktop sported was a light blue background in OS 9.
How sweet can OS X be.
Anyway here it is. It helps me get started in the day…

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 669

bluebull

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2003
DC
I can't remember where I found this, but it changes to one of four other colors every minute.

Attachments

• AugustDesktop1.jpg
    AugustDesktop1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 470

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
AL-FAMOUS said:
how can you do the whole clike HERE for full size??\
You need to have two things:
[1] A place for your desktop online, such as at FunMac.com/Macsnaps.com, or DeviantART.com, and
[2] A little knowledge about using vBulletin tags in order to display a thumbnail which gives way to the full image when clicking on it.

To do [1], submit your full res. desktop at either of the sites (Macsnaps.com recommended, since DeviantART is much too large and complicated). To do [2], copy and paste the following text:

[url=((link))]
[/url]

Replace "((link))" with the complete link to the full size desktop image, and replace "url of thumbnail" with the complete link to the thumbnail.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
See? iLikeMyiMac's got it. (Bookmark this page if you have even a slight feeling that you'll need to revisit the code, but don't lose the bookmark.)

Now, if you are going to the image tags inside of the url tags, be nice to dial-up users, and keep your thumbnails under about 250KB. Otherwise, just post the full image.

Calvinatir

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2003
LA
Nice pic of Crater Lake in Oregon my girlfriend took! If you want more high res pics email me or PM me and I'll send them out to you.

Attachments

• Crater.jpg
    Crater.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 416
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.