Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

athinamj

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
I have a problem and I would appreciate it if someone could help me out. I have Windows XP on my iMac for more than a year without a problem. All of a sudden, today, when I went in Preferences-Startup Disk to select Windows Disk to Restart, it wasn't there. I can see the disk on my desktop, Disk Utility and on boot when I press Alt it's there and I can start up on Windows. I really need it to be on the Startup Disk as an option because by Microsoft keyboard doesn't support the Alt solution. I performed repair permissions still nothing. It's not there. Can someone help me out, please?:(

athinamj

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
I installed Paragon NTFS a few days ago. Did this cause the problem? I have uninstalled it but it remains the same. Can I do something to fix it?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I installed Paragon NTFS a few days ago. Did this cause the problem? I have uninstalled it but it remains the same. Can I do something to fix it?
I'm assuming the program came with an uninstaller, and that's what you used. That being the case... you're going to need to reboot to clear the driver from the list of loaded drivers completely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.