Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
Hi all,

When "previewing" routes from inside my house (with no gps signal), i'm given the option to preview the route in "simulation" mode. No problems, here but when i select to preview the simulation, i've noticed that no matter what the route seems to begin about a minute or two from the final destination and not necessarily from the starting point (i.e. my house). I thought maybe because i was indoors with no gps signal, that navigon didn't know what the starting point was, but when i drilled down to view my current location via navigon, it had my general starting area (within a block or two) so that couldn't have been the problem. Anyone else able to view a route simulation with a starting point greater than a few minutes away from the destination? Also, is there a way of specifying a starting point? Thanks.

vertigo235

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2009
The starting point in simulation mode is always the center of the city that the destination is located in.

The reason you're getting a simulation is because the GPS doesn't know where you are, if it knew where you were, it wouldn't even offer you a simulation.

If you want to simulate a route between two points, then create a route, once the route is calculated you can simulate that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.