Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Apple Releases Aperture 3.0.1

Apple today released Aperture 3.0.1, addressing several issues with the latest version of its professional photo editing and management application released earlier this month.
This update improves overall stability and addresses a number of issues in Aperture 3, including:

- Upgrading libraries from earlier versions of Aperture
- Importing libraries from iPhoto
- Importing photos directly from a camera
- Memory usage when processing heavily-retouched photos
- Face recognition processing
- Adding undetected faces using the Add Missing Face button
- Printing pages containing multiple images
- Printing photos and contact sheets with borders and metadata
- Editing photos using an external editor
- Display of images with Definition and Straighten adjustments applied
- Zooming photos in the Viewer and in the Loupe using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessing Aperture libraries on a network volume Selecting and moving pins on the Places map
- Adding and editing custom locations using the Manage My Places window
- Switching between masters when working with RAW+JPEG pairs.
Full release notes for the update, which weighs in at 29.41 MB and requires Aperture 3 and Mac OS X 10.5.8 or 10.6.2, are also available.

Article Link: Apple Releases Aperture 3.0.1

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Yep, 3.0.1

This update improves overall stability and addresses a number of issues in Aperture 3, including:

Upgrading libraries from earlier versions of Aperture
Importing libraries from iPhoto
Importing photos directly from a camera
Memory usage when processing heavily-retouched photos
Face recognition processing
Adding undetected faces using the Add Missing Face button
Printing pages containing multiple images
Printing photos and contact sheets with borders and metadata
Editing photos using an external editor
Display of images with Definition and Straighten adjustments applied
Zooming photos in the Viewer and in the Loupe using keyboard shortcuts
Accessing Aperture libraries on a network volume
Selecting and moving pins on the Places map
Adding and editing custom locations using the Manage My Places window
Switching between masters when working with RAW+JPEG pairs.
The update is recommended for all users of Aperture 3.

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2518

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
This list of fixes pretty much goes after the entire Aperture experience. Let's hope that Apple made this release a solid bug fixer!

Kudos to Apple for making it happen quickly. -1 for causing the need for it to happen.

saxondale.

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2006
England/China
The changelog does mention memory usage, so assume it does.

Anyone else having a problem installing this update? My updater doesn't even find it and the download from the site doesn't even install.

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
This list of fixes pretty much goes after the entire Aperture experience. Let's hope that Apple made this release a solid bug fixer!

Kudos to Apple for making it happen quickly. -1 for causing the need for it to happen.

Agreed!

Nice list of fixes, including one that was bugging me (bizarre stuff happened when image had been straightened)

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
I have it installed.

RAM usage is hovering around 1GB right now. I would say that is an improvement. Since I was easily using 5 to 8GB before the update.

rjheys

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2008
Update

This update hasn't fix the issue that makes iMovie crash and quit every time I open it.

fanbrain

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2005
So. UT
Good timing. I'm just about to install this on my Dads computer as an upgrade from iPhoto. His machine is an older 2.0 GHz iMac with only 2GB RAM. Hope this helps.

Hopefully it won't take as long to process his 30,000+ photos now.

Marion

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2008
Looks promising

Btw, A3 does quite good Slideshow... from what I've tried anyway.

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Good timing. I'm just about to install this on my Dads computer as an upgrade from iPhoto

This update has nothing to do with iPhoto - they are separate products with different focuses. Not to mention that Aperture is a paid program that costs 200 bucks.

kmaute

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2008
USA
Wow. There's a big difference in responsiveness and snappiness. I was considering going to back to iPhoto and CS4 but this update makes it worth it. Nicely done apple.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I rebuilt the thumbnails last night and all the previews. Took an age but now I can really see the speed increases now.

Maybe it was the 7200rpm drive I just dropped in but Aperture with 2000 RAW files in it feels as snappy as iPhoto with 2000 JPEG files.

sassenach74

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
Spain
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

He means, like most people would consider, that Aperture is a step up from iphoto. Guess it isn't as obvious as I thought.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.