Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mukongshu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Hey guys, I just checked my order status.

They change the shipping method from standard to priority.

What does it mean? Will 3G IPAD ship next week???:D

Attachments

• 333.jpg
    333.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 645

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
Probably means that they will ship on April 29th, and it was changed to Priority so that people get it on April 30th and they can still make they "Late April" release. :p

But yes, mine shows "Priority" as well...didn't it always say this? I never even noticed.

mpuck972

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2007
Hey guys, I just checked my order status.

They change the shipping method from standard to priority.

What does it mean? Will 3G IPAD ship next week???:D

It means they aren't going to be able to ship them by the time you expected, so they are trying to temper your disappointment by upgrading your shipping.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
I don't know how long its been this way but it is now "Priority".

I have no idea what that means though, except maybe they're working to eliminate some of the rants of the last go round.

avaloncourt

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2007
Another priority change here. I think you are the first to break this interesting little change. Good eye.

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
Same here, but I can't remember the last time I looked at the 'detail' section of the order... since on the summary, you can tell it's not 'moved'. :) (Ordered at 8:32 on 3/12, BTW)

I'm also wondering (based on all the issues we heard here, as said, if they will use UPS again or not). Or, if they will or won't aim for a weekend delivery. Arg... so many variables.....

avaloncourt

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2007
I wonder if this is an indication that they'll be using FedEx since the WiFi went out Ground UPS. FedEx uses different drivers for Ground vs Express.

(I'm too slow on the keyboard. Leesweet basically said the same thing)

kallyq

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2010
Mine still says standard. I ordered probably 2 days after you could preorder...

calvin2006

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Good catch! Mine says priority now too. My gut says they are close to shipping these and are getting their ducks in a row. I bet we'll see the first batch go out within the next week, possibly even prepared for shipment tomorrow or Saturday.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
Good catch! Mine says priority now too. My gut says they are close to shipping these and are getting their ducks in a row. I bet we'll see the first batch go out within the next week, possibly even prepared for shipment tomorrow or Saturday.

They will have to charge our credit cards first and that hasn't started happening yet.

macridah

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2004
Nor-Cal
Wow, I thought I was going crazy by checking the status twice a day, but I never went to view order details and checked all the info.

My status is also priority and I ordered 3/13.

I already downloaded a bunch of free apps and have about $70 worth of paid apps on my wishlist and ready to hit the buy all button once I synch up.

longest ~2 weeks ever!!!

feliason

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2010
Mine still says standard. Ordered 64GB on March 27. :-(. But bought wife 16GB wifi, so I am still playing now (except when she makes clear it is hers)

MiguelS

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2010
San Jose
attachment.php
No Change....ahhhh, I see it now...Under Order Details...mine is Priority as well.

Attachments

• bah.jpg
    bah.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 3,741
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.