Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robo456

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2008
New Jersey
I get an invalid license code when I try to activate it :(

I manually had to type it twice for some reason than it worked to register it.

Thanks OP, have been looking for an alternative to my anydvd/clonedvd combo on the PC side; hopefully this will do the job!

--rob

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I manually typed it in, instead of cutting/pasting and that seemed to do the trick

All is good now :)

Qin Zhi

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2009
中国北京
Question: What do they mean when they say it expires May 1st?

Although I already downloaded and installed the software on my MBP, if in case--say this July--I decide to format my unit and reinstall all my apps, would I still be able to activate the software (WinX DVD Ripper) using the same software I downloaded and promotional serial number I obtained?

Thanks n advance! :)

MacTech68

macrumors 68020
Mar 16, 2008
Australia, Perth

Although I already downloaded and installed the software on my MBP, if in case--say this July--I decide to format my unit and reinstall all my apps, would I still be able to activate the software (WinX DVD Ripper) using the same software I downloaded and promotional serial number I obtained?

This is a good question. Since I still can't get this to launch on 10.4.11, I wonder if this needs to:

1. Have the user input the serial number provided
2. Phone home to receive some kind of activation key
3. Apply the activation key locally to "register" the software.

Or, can I activate later without the app needing to "phone home" ? :confused:

Guess I'll have to email the company.
________
Land Rover LRX specifications

Last edited:

SavMBP15

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2010

From the FAQ:
Q: Will I have to pay to continue to use this "Giveaway" version after April 30, 2010?
A: No, you don't need to pay any fee. We're offering WinX DVD Ripper for Mac free for a limited time but the software can be used with no limitations for as long as you'd like.

Qin Zhi

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2009
中国北京
From the FAQ:
Q: Will I have to pay to continue to use this "Giveaway" version after April 30, 2010?
A: No, you don't need to pay any fee. We're offering WinX DVD Ripper for Mac free for a limited time but the software can be used with no limitations for as long as you'd like.

Oh, okay. Thanks! :)

iknowyourider

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2008
onanorthboundtrain
how to burn dvd?

Really been enjoying this ripper. I ripped to mp4, avi, and mp3 so far and all is well.

Today I tried to copy a dvd that I "own". It made a mpeg file in the copy folder. I renamed the file, keeping the mpeg extension. I put in a blank dvd and opened it in finder. I dragged the file / files in and burned. Disc will not work.

I wonder what I did wrong...

TSX

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
Really been enjoying this ripper. I ripped to mp4, avi, and mp3 so far and all is well.

Today I tried to copy a dvd that I "own". It made a mpeg file in the copy folder. I renamed the file, keeping the mpeg extension. I put in a blank dvd and opened it in finder. I dragged the file / files in and burned. Disc will not work.

I wonder what I did wrong...

I think you just burned the movie file onto the disk, you didn't actually burn the movie.
Try using iDVD or toast to burn the movie, but don't use the same disk.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Thanks. I love their $259.70 but NOW it's $99! YAY! **** them if they think they'll get $99 let alone $259.70 for any app like this.

On that note, can't wait to try it. :D

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Thanks. I love their $259.70 but NOW it's $99! YAY! **** them if they think they'll get $99 let alone $259.70 for any app like this.

On that note, can't wait to try it. :D

Reading comprehension ftw. That $99 is for a bundle of some 7 different programs. But congrats on mastering the asterisk.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Reading comprehension ftw. That $99 is for a bundle of some 7 different programs. But congrats on mastering the asterisk.

Yup you're right. Thanks for pointing it out and insulting me all in one. I dig your style kid. :D

iamvexed

macrumors member
May 27, 2008
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how this program stacks up with Handbrake? I love Handbrake, and use it all the time, but I'm open to new programs (especially free ones!).

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Yeah, because you were oh so charitable.

It's clear you misunderstood my post. Had that been sarcasm I would have done the good ole' sarcastic :rolleyes:. Perhaps i'm not the only one who could use a lesson in comprehension. ;)

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how this program stacks up with Handbrake? I love Handbrake, and use it all the time, but I'm open to new programs (especially free ones!).

So far what I like about handbrake is there seems to be more flexibility with the app. However, I have not actually ripped a DVD and I've only looked at the interface.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.