Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

riam

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 7, 2010
Mty, Mexico
I installed a telcel SIM card in my IPad and works great, you just need to cut your broadband card SIM Card, tho the MICROSIM Size (for instructins see other threads) then in APN settings add this info:

APN: internet.itelcel.com

In my case i didnt use the username and the password, but here they are if you need them.

Username: webgprs
Password: webgprs2002

Attachments

• IMG_0001.PNG
    IMG_0001.PNG
    237.3 KB · Views: 719

iKrl

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2009
Thanks!

I'm planning on getting an ipad 3g to but I was wondering if it worked fine in mexico with telcel, are you using amigo kit? Or did you get a monthly Internet service? I'm really glad it works fine, do you have a video on YouTube of this? Well if not it's fine.

(if you speak Spanish sorry for putting this in English but it's for everyone to understand)

riam

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 7, 2010
Mty, Mexico
I have an unlimited 3G broadband that I used in a USB card that I was going to cancel but now I am going to keep it, sorry I don't have you tube video but as you can see in the attached picture the iPad is using the Mx TELCEL gsm, imdont know why it shows up that way, in my iPhone it only says TELCEL.

majordude

macrumors 68020
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville
So there is no need to unlock the iPad? Just take out the AT&T sim and drop in the Telcel one?

The Telcel chip needs to be cut?

riam

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 7, 2010
Mty, Mexico
So there is no need to unlock the iPad? Just take out the AT&T sim and drop in the Telcel one?

The Telcel chip needs to be cut?

Yes it is unlocked just cut the sim put it in the iPad and change the apn that's it. Works fine, the quality of the 3G on TELCEL is not so good but is the best coverage.

reynaldom

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
Monterrey, MX
The iPad will always show mx telcel gsm because it doesn't have the ipcc that the iPhone does. Everything it's on the carrier file, it'll change whenever telcel starts selling ipads around the 24....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.