Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ddrueckhammer

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2004
America's Wang
Me too. That one looks nice.

Leather. Check.
Corners Covered. Oops not on the top...
Doesn't have tacky white stitching. Check.
Functions as a stand. Check.

The only major downside I see are Price. 64 Pounds is $94 as of today. And I want to know if it is bulky...

vynn

macrumors member
May 18, 2010
I ordered one but haven't received it yet, I'll post pictures once I have it unless someone beats me to it.

Macdicted

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2010
NYC > Tampa Bay
I like it too , but hate dealing with overseas vendors.

It looks nice and love all the color options , not to mention half the price of the Vaja.

thatisme

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2010
United States
probably the best looking case I've seen yet, and it appears to meet most of my case requirements, other than the iPad on the wrong side, and lack of a note pad on the right side.

vynn

macrumors member
May 18, 2010
What kind of leather did you pick. They have so many choices, it is confusing.

I chose "Perpetual" in black since it should ship the soonest and it looks great. I was originally going to pick the "Exceptional - Sandy Vintage" but I found some pictures on another site where the color and finish didn't look as good as expected. One other note, I asked them about the thickness of the "Ambition" leather and they said it was about 1mm thicker than the "Perpetual".

Actually, the "Sandy Vintage" looks great on this case I think:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/noreve-tradition-b-leather-case-for-iphone/

pictures of their "Sandy Vintage" leather with some macro close-up shots, looks really nice I think.

http://nokiaexperts.com/review-noreve-traditional-leather-case-metal-belt-clip-nokia-n900/

Their Kindle case is probably the closest match to how this case will look on the iPad:

http://www.kindleboards.com/index.php?topic=20194.0

sorsha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2010
Glad to hear we should be seeing at least a couple reviews soon! One of the big appeals for me is I checked with Noreve about the weight of the case, as so many of the leather cases are quite heavy. The sales rep says it's about 200g (a little less than half a pound), which makes it the lightest leather case I've looked into!

sorsha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2010
For those who are getting one--the main things I'd like to know once you have one and can comment are:

-How protected are the edges of the iPad? In the "closed" shot it looks like the top is completely exposed and flush with the edge of the case so it could easily get scratched or dinged.

-Does the small magnetic closure interfere with compass functions while the case is open?

-How stable are the stand positions (upright and typing) and what's holding them in place?

I really really love the look and the light weight, but those three concerns are holding me back from ordering before I hear from someone who actually has it.

SteveWTW

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2010
awesome! What color and type of leather did you order?

I really like the sandy or dark vintage....

I went for the Chestnut coloured middle of the range leather. Looks like there is a (up to) 15 day wait for this but hopefully it should be worth it.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Anybody notice in the product images that the charge on the iPad was at 2%. I guess the photographer took a long time between shots.

But I digress, looks like an awesome case. Nice fit and finish.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
like it, all but the magnets, reports are that magnets are interfering with the 3G compass function and may affect other ipad functions.

phjohnst

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2010
I'm really looking forward to mine, I preordered it a couple of weeks ago in the Perpetual Black leather.

I got an email on the 14th with a UPS tracking number, saying that it would be mailed out on the 17th. But UPS is still saying that they have only received the billing info. I've talked to their customer service, but cant seem to get an answer. Anyone else in the same boat?

Ps, I'm in the UK

vynn

macrumors member
May 18, 2010
I got an email on the 14th with a UPS tracking number, saying that it would be mailed out on the 17th.

Sounds like you'll be the first to receive it, looking forward to your pictures and review. :D

How protected are the edges of the iPad? In the "closed" shot it looks like the top is completely exposed and flush with the edge of the case so it could easily get scratched or dinged.

I don't have the case yet but you actually slide the iPad into the case from the top so it's completely open. Maybe they should have made the case a tad taller so it wouldn't be flush with the iPad on top but then it wouldn't look as sleek.

How stable are the stand positions (upright and typing) and what's holding them in place?

At first I thought it was the magnet in the latch piece that connects the front cover to the back of the case when used as a stand. However, that would be the opposite side of the latch so the magnet polarity wouldn't work. Maybe the latch piece curls over to face the back of the case?

phjohnst

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2010
Afraid I still haven't received mine, although the shipping status changed (finally!) from Billing Info Received to a pickup scan this afternoon, so it's getting somewhere. My hope is that it arrives here in London (from France) before Fridy when my iPad shows up...

I'll definitely be posting pics as soon a I get it!

wodeh

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2007
Norwich
I'm still waiting on the Noreve iPad case. I tested their traditional leather N900 case in the Sandy Vintage finish, and really loved it. The finish is beautiful, but I can't say what the iPad incarnation will be like specifically.

vynn

macrumors member
May 18, 2010
After watching various reviews on their "sandy vintage" leather used on various phones I decided to switch my order back to sandy vintage rather than the basic black leather knowing it would take a bit longer to receive it.

I also received a response from Noreve customer service today notifying me that my case would be shipped next week and they'd email me a tracking number at that time, so it looks like at least a couple more weeks and I'll receive it. Can't wait! :)

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
Unless SGP pull their finger out about my Vintage Edition case I'll get the sandy vintage too. The SGP case was supposed to ship mid month but the shipping date has slipped twice, and despite being assured as a pre-order mine would go out in the first shipment on the 24th, I've yet to get an email confirming it has, and if I don't by the end of the week, I'm jumping ship!

zy2238

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2010
Noreve Sandy

I just received an email from Noreve regarding the pending shipment of my Noreve iPad Tradition sandy case. I placed the order on the 5th of May. They stated in this email a shipment date of 31/05/2010 and provided a UPS shipment tracking number, although I paid for Fedex, I've emailed them to explain. However, there was not much of a cost difference, and I'll be pleased to receive the case.

G.O.B

macrumors member
May 15, 2010
I ordered on the 21st May and I just got the 31st May email like you. Seems a bit unfair for you if we both get them dispatched at the same time - unless you ordered more than the basic black model like I did?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.