Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2010
canada
Weird situation my iPhone X battery health is at 94% yet it’s showing a service required. I sent it to apple and they wanted to charge me for a battery replacement (even though it’s under warranty) because they said the battery is fine.

Has anyone experienced a glitch in the iOS 13 beta where it shows battery replacement required even though the battery health is well above the threshold for replacement?

colbyjohn94

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2016
Mine did the same thing but it was at like 87% and Apple didn't think it needed it until they ran the test at the store and then covered the repair.

Have you gone to the Apple store or did you just send in the diagnostic to them?

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2010
canada
Yeah they ran a diagnostic via a live chat and it showed the battery and a camera sensor. Then I mailed it in and the apple tech looked at it and supposedly said that both the battery and camera sensor was fine. They wanted me to pay $89 CAD to replace the battery since it was already fine. At least that’s what I was told.

So they actually did a diagnostic on the phone at their repair facility. But in the email back to me they didn’t mention the battery was fine, just said I need to pay $89 to have the service done. I called in and the rep mentioned the battery was fine and that’s why they would charge $89 to replace what’s a good battery. I think I need to get the techs report to confirm 100%.

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2010
canada
Just got a competent advisor on the line who detailed the techs findings. The phone was throwing false positives for hardware issues due to the public beta. Said they’ve seen it happen before.

So my phone was fine all along.

colbyjohn94

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2016
Interesting. Mine said the same thing. It was the battery and my telephoto camera module on mine. Maybe my apple store didn't know it could throw false positives. Glad your phones good then, saves the money!

Reactions: nasa25
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.