Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

syniceboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
i saw a fully, unteathered, unlock of an iPhone 4 from the US. it was using T-Mobile service just fine.

syniceboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Not to be "That guy" - but, yeah never mind. Im gonna pass on this one.

Someone else explain it.

i saw him unlock it, he ran 3 different programs. during the reboot process of the iphone, he unplugged it and started a new program. (one of the programs was Blackra1n)

syniceboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
How can you tell that it wasn't from the UK? Unless your friend is some kind of mega exploit finder, I don't believe you or you saw mistakenly.
this guy wasnt my friend, he works down the block from where i work, and he did it im telling you. he does this weird crap on the phone. whatever he does it works

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
I saw a guy fly a spaceship to Mars yesterday.

Welcome to the internet. People generally don't post stuff that is "fantastical" until they have proof. Why? Because people that are less nice than I will come along and write things such as the comment above.

Not being an ass, it's just not really exciting for us until we see proof + w/ the amount of untruthfulness on the internet, esp surrounding iphones/jailbreaks/etc, you just set yourself up to look kinda funny.

Nonetheless, would love to see what you said you saw and hope you do post pictures.

Not saying you are lying, but without any proof, we don't have much reason to believe it and YOU don't have a way of proving it - so here we are.

Dammit! Why'd you make me explain it?!?

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
For everyones Info, UK phones aren't unlocked out of the box, and O2 (unsure of other UK carriers) won't unlock the iPhone4 yet.

Attachments

• I4O2.png
    I4O2.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 101

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
MIM or a factory unlocked possible. Jailbreak with Blackra1n very unlikely if so geohotz the dev-team and comex would pike to talk to the guy that did it.

Thinking OP got punked

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
I saw a guy fly a spaceship to Mars yesterday.

Welcome to the internet. People generally don't post stuff that is "fantastical" until they have proof. Why? Because people that are less nice than I will come along and write things such as the comment above.

Not being an ass, it's just not really exciting for us until we see proof + w/ the amount of untruthfulness on the internet, esp surrounding iphones/jailbreaks/etc, you just set yourself up to look kinda funny.

Nonetheless, would love to see what you said you saw and hope you do post pictures.

Not saying you are lying, but without any proof, we don't have much reason to believe it and YOU don't have a way of proving it - so here we are.

Dammit! Why'd you make me explain it?!?

I'm still sad I had to explain the rules of the internet. I thought Monday was going to be so nice...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.