Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agallowa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Citrus Heights, CA
I need some help with my gelaskins im going to order. i saw this template from someone else on the uoab that made this skin for the back of his ip4. i want the same thing but i just want a plain black apple logo and black iphone text below it not the rainbow logo and silver text that is on the attachment enclosed. any help is appreciated thanks in advance guys and gals. im horrible at photoshop and dont know the first thing about it so any help is really appreciated.

Attachments

• iphone.jpeg
    iphone.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 304

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Let me know if this works (no guarantees!).

-Kevin

EDIT: Attaching the PSD as well for you.

Attachments

• iphone-skin.png
    iphone-skin.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 237
  • iphone-skin.psd
    419.7 KB · Views: 221

agallowa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Citrus Heights, CA
thanks so much that looks perfect. the second psd file you posted is that something specific i need to use for gelaskins? im not familiar with that file type. thanks again i really appreciate it!! :)

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
thanks so much that looks perfect. the second psd file you posted is that something specific i need to use for gelaskins? im not familiar with that file type. thanks again i really appreciate it!! :)

No idea....I've never done gelaskins before. The PSD is just the raw Photoshop file I used (it contains the original file and my new layers). You can give that to anyone with Photoshop and they can easily make changes (that's why I posted it).

The PNG file was just the flattened file saved out (much like a JPG).

You'll have to find out what the upload requirements are at Gelaskins. Obviously make sure you can proof whatever they are doing to make sure the file is high enough quality.

-Kevin

agallowa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Citrus Heights, CA
ok cool. i think the size requirements for gelaskins is 900x1500 if im not mistaken i could be wrong though. so do i need to resize that pic to that specific size before i upload it to there server or is it alright the size it is now?

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
ok cool. i think the size requirements for gelaskins is 900x1500 if im not mistaken i could be wrong though. so do i need to resize that pic to that specific size before i upload it to there server or is it alright the size it is now?

Both files are already 900x1500.

-Kevin

agallowa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Citrus Heights, CA
i definetly will post some high res pictures once it comes in and my black bumper as well. im really looking forward to the whole setup.

Kevio

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
instead of getting the Gela skins..why not just get the "iPhone 4 Colorlays" from

http://web.grfxpstore.com/store/CellPhones

they include front/back for $6 plus any color cut right!

i wonder if someone has tested that. Because Getaskins are $15 and "iphone 4 colorlays" are $6!

Well their custom apple logos are very nice. I have the carbon fiber one installed on my iP4 and if the colorlays are of the same quality, I say they're definitely worth it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.