Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

163428-mid_2010_imac.jpg

Apple today released a pair of Mac OS X updates for the company's new iMac models refreshed this morning, bringing upgraded functionality in the form of new Mac OS X 10.6.4 and Mac OS X Server 10.6.4 versions.

Mac OS X v10.6.4 Update iMac (Mid 2010) weighs in at 452.62 MB and brings the following additions:
This update contains all the applicable fixes from the Mac OS X 10.6.4 Update, plus the following specific fixes for iMac (Mid 2010):

- Resolves compatibility and performance-related graphics issues.
- Improves compatibility with large-format SDXC memory cards.
- Adds support for Magic Trackpad.
Mac OS X Server v10.6.4 iMac (Mid 2010) weighs in at 460.91 MB and includes Safari 5, the Wiki Server Update 1.0 issued to other users late last week, and several other fixes.
It includes Wiki Server Update 1.0, Safari 5 and general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your server, as well as specific fixes for:

- CalDAV querying of email addresses with Active Directory and Open Directory servers.
- Stability and reliability accessing Wiki Server pages.
- View movies on Wiki Server with Safari on iPad.
- Accessing publicly accessible Wikis when logged in to the Wiki Server.
- Listing blogs on Wiki Server.
- Vacation mail notices that span across multiple days.
- Updates from Software Update Server viewable by clients.
- Stability and reliability to Software Update Server synchronization.
- Downloading of software updates by Software Update Server.
- Creating NetInstall images which include iLife updater packages.
- Address issues copying, renaming, or deleting files on SMB file servers.
- Improve reliability of VPN connections.
- Resolves compatibility and performance-related graphics issues.
- Improves compatibility with large-format SDXC memory cards.

Article Link: Apple Issues Updated Mac OS X 10.6.4 Versions for New iMacs

bogg

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
Sweden
I'm going to try to install this on an older computer...Just for the heck of it...

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
Another update I can't install........

Because I own an iMac G5!!!!!!! :mad:

Yeah, I'm also pissed that my old IBM XT from 1984 cannot run 64-Bit Windows 7.

I could understand those complaints back in 2006 when people had to wake up rather hard to the fact that their freshly purchased PowerPC Macs were using abandoned technology because Steve Jobs in his infinite wisdom decided to once again switch hardware platforms.

But then again, I think no other company has a longer history of abandoned CPU architectures than Apple. And now is the year 2010 and we Mac users have been living in Intel-Land for four full years already. It's time to stop the whining and move on.

By the way, there are several PowerPC-based Linux distributions that will run awesomely on your iMac G5. Just try Ubuntu 10.04. You will be surprised how cool that abandoned hardware of yours still is.

bogg

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
Sweden
Force-Installed this on my Aug 2007 24" iMac via Pacifist...

Build number is 10F2056

Way higher than 10F569 or whatever 10.6.4 standard release is...

Rory Manton

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
uhhhhhh you have downloaded the the magic trackpad update right?

Oh yus.

The problem appeared to be that I was running OS X 10.5.8 and I needed 10.6.4 which my ancient ,9 month old, imac wouldn't update too.

However 25 squids later and all is up and running.

Now if you would be so kind as to excuse me I am going back to edit my first post before I offend anybody.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.