Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
Is the new Jailbeak stable enough at this point to run. Seems like there are still reports of issues.

Pages and pages of posts and yet I cannot get a sense if there are still problems that would make waiting advisable.

>Faded Ballons in Text
>Multitasking not working
>Cydia errors
>Jailbreak errors

You tell me.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Is the new Jailbeak stable enough at this point to run. Seems like there are still reports of issues.

Pages and pages of posts and yet I cannot get a sense if there are still problems that would make waiting advisable.

>Faded Ballons in Text
>Multitasking not working
>Cydia errors
>Jailbreak errors

You tell me.

You will see the same millions of post after a Official firmware release, It is just the nature of the changes in software.

The only issues i had were FT and MMS and those were solve. I'll say it's stable enough by your standards.

neotope

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
Everything worked perfect for me. YMMV, since I've seen the reports you have. BTW, the Cydia errors are normal. It just means a repo is not available.

This was my first jailbreak and I have not done too much but so far I have not run into any real issues. I installed Intelliscreen which is wonderful and also Five Icon Dock which is cool. Open SSH was fairly easy to get working and I really just installed it so I could poke around with it. I have been slow to install things until I know they are working well.

Right now I think I will keep the jailbreak in place things seem smooth enough. I am just not sure if I can still sync with iTunes to get my paid Apps updated and backed up and how that all works.

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
This was my first jailbreak and I have not done too much but so far I have not run into any real issues. I installed Intelliscreen which is wonderful and also Five Icon Dock which is cool. Open SSH was fairly easy to get working and I really just installed it so I could poke around with it. I have been slow to install things until I know they are working well.

Right now I think I will keep the jailbreak in place things seem smooth enough. I am just not sure if I can still sync with iTunes to get my paid Apps updated and backed up and how that all works.

Nothing changes. You can still sync / backup / buy apps with no problems.

winterny

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2010
Cydia does have some errors now as some of the repo's are overloaded from so many people installing JB and downloading stuff. Some users ran into some weird edge-case bugs, but I think most did not.

My phone is running fine, with SBSettings, SpringFlash, Signal.app, I had the trials for My3g and MyWi installed briefly, but I removed them for now as I don't have a major need for them, and I don't want to have RockExtensions installed. I also made my own custom SMS ringtone which is installed.

Very happy JB user here...

m3coolpix

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2007
Just did 3.1.2 to 4.0.1 last night on my 3Gs with new bootroom.

Jailbreakme.com process went next to perfect.

I've installed WinterBoard, Notifier, MCleaner, Firewall IP, SBSettings, OpenSSH, PriVaCy and various parts of the Aqwoah theme. All of those previous Cydia paid apps were transferred no problem, much like the App Store of reloading a previously purchased app.

These are about the only Cydia apps I install.....no game emulators, app cracks/installers, etc. etc.

I tried backgrounder, and started getting crashes to Safe Mode. Uninstalled, and it's fine again.

A few minor issues here and there (also miss ProSwitcher), but nothing that makes me want to go back to 3.1.2.

HTH.

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
Ive had no problems with my iPod touch, I haven't tryed my iPhone 4 yet I only would want miwi and to be able to toggle wifi and lock info. But I might not do it the one thing is the fact that miwi (or mifi whatever it's called) is 15$ and I feel weird giving them my credit card. Plus ( this is a stupid question) but if I jailbreak and play some apps yada yada yada then I back up using iTunes as I do normally later if I want to restore and I do it from backup will I have any problems or loose my data for the regular apps from the app store? I know it's a stupid question but this is the only thing holding me back from jailbreaking my iPhone 4

CocoaPuffs

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2008
It depends on what you're doing with JB. The more things you are doing, the more likely you are to discover a bug.

Since jailbreak, my phone has not been any different than what it was...other than the fact that it is "awesomer".

JMB1911

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2010
Mine runs like a champ.

BiteSMS
SBS settings
lockinfo

love it. I forgot how nice those three things are. (iP4)

andy071202

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
i have to say it was not stable for me

i had to restore my phone 3 times to get the 3g working

also i dont know if any one else had this problem

but i could not use sharepod to put my music into the phone
it would sync and put in my phone no problems
but when i went to ipod it says there was no content

also when i took pictures from usin home and power button it would not save in my photos

and there is a lot of apps and games that are not 4.0 compatible

so i restored back to 3.1.3 and set my phone the way i wanted it and it works like a dream

i will wait again till all bugs are fixed before i upgrade again

HiFiGuy528

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2008
My one and only crash is when I use PdaNet and Find My iPhone at the same time. Completely killed the phone and had to reboot.

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
So far everything is neat and complete.

Jailbreakme went through without a problem (although i did not receive the Cydia is now installed message) It just stood there for 5-6 min at the end of the jb process. I pressed the home button, it was already there... It's fully jailbroken... Don't know if i'm missing some things.

But i updated cydia and everything already..

I have

Five Icon Dock
(will get SBSettings soon)

What else should i install (I don't want to install BiteSMS because of the ads after 15 days... are the ads annoying)

I don't want to make another thread. But i want to ask

What Repo's have you guys installed? I'm looking for more repo's to install on my cydia.

Please help me out. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.