Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Desmo1098

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2009
I just received my Mac Pro about 30 minutes ago. I am very disappointed in the care and handling as the box looks like it went through a war zone. This compared to the one I purchased in the retail store last year was clean with no damage at all to the box. I live in Phoenix and it was about 110 degrees here today. My Mac Pro was traveling all day in the heat and when I unpacked the machine it was hot to the touch, but probably no big deal. I could feel heat coming out of the handle holes when I got it inside my air conditioned house.

Anyways here are some pictures:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

sboerup

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2009
congrats, no pics showing up (I'm in Tucson anxiously awaiting my delivery tomorrow)

Inconsequential

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2007
You have spent 4-figures on a Mac Pro and you can't quickly resize photos?

They don't even fit on my 26" 1920x1200 monitor!!!

Fix please!?

PS: Nice, I want one.

Desmo1098

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2009
Sorry for the technical problem with the pictures, I am not using the Mac Pro yet... So I am posting from older machine. I just posted them to my website instead.

johnnymg

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2008
I just received my Mac Pro about 30 minutes ago. I am very disappointed in the care and handling as the box looks like it went through a war zone. This compared to the one I purchased in the retail store last year was clean with no damage at all to the box. I live in Phoenix and it was about 110 degrees here today. My Mac Pro was traveling all day in the heat and when I unpacked the machine it was hot to the touch, but probably no big deal. I could feel heat coming out of the handle holes when I got it inside my air conditioned house.

Anyways here are some pictures:

http://www.delta-inc.com

You really need to resize those images!

edit: Thanks for fixing the pics! Congrats on the new machine. :)

Desmo1098

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2009
O.K. the pictures should be better now... :)

Sorry for the previous ones

Desmo1098

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2009
:confused: I am the new host of Amateur Hour... I do not know why this is not working. I just cleared out my cache and reset Safari and it seems to be working now. I am terribly sorry for this.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
Sorry for the technical problem with the pictures, I am not using the Mac Pro yet... So I am posting from older machine. I just posted them to my website instead.
I guess it's a Windows PC, thus doesn't have iLife/iWeb? :rolleyes: This is exactly what it's intended for, quick and easy gorgeous looking websites.

Besides, it looks indeed like they shipped it via Uganda.

dockingbay94

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2010
damn that box would have broken my heart the shape it was in. mine was a little dirty but in decent shape having come across the entire world.

i'm surprised they dont put the mac pro in a brown box like EVERY OTHER apple product for shipping. they make it easy for the thieves.

reel2reel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
My box was pretty ding'd up, too, but I expected that coming all the way from China. It's packed so well, though, I wasn't worried for a second. It was safe and sound. Well, ok, I admit I haven't started it up yet. Hope I didn't jinx myself.

djtofu

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2009
Desmo that is one awesome unit! Can't wait till I get mines when I'm back from vacation!

ibuyufo

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
Very nice! Since you guys got your new toys does anyone want to sell their old one to me?

sebgreen

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2008
UK
Very nice

Shame about the box, but at least the machine is not scratched.

I'm in the uk and here all Mac orders via delivery come inside an outer brown box so all packaging is in mint condition.

Currently have 3 27" iMacs brand new and boxed up waiting to take to clients office to set up. Just waiting in Mac Pro to be delivered as their server. All boxes in mint condition.

will0407

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2006
damn that box would have broken my heart the shape it was in. mine was a little dirty but in decent shape having come across the entire world.

i'm surprised they dont put the mac pro in a brown box like EVERY OTHER apple product for shipping. they make it easy for the thieves.

I'm in the UK and my i3 imac came as it was, no brown box or anything, and the box also looked as beat up as the OP's. Was a little annoyed as when I inevitably sell my items on, I like to have everything in pristine condition as you obviously get more for it.

My mates 27" came in a brown box, maybe it's just hit and miss as to whether you get one or not

kd_rome

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2004
I guess Apple is gonna go back to the black box instead of white on the next Mac Pro! After all it came all the way from China and it weights over 50lb, they need to be more careful but i'm pretty sure they slide the boxes when they load the trucks.

The stock 1TB Hard Drive is a WD Caviar Black WD1001FALS, correct?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.