Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
yellow said:
Hmm disposable income.. better then spending it on blow I guess.

says you. personally i'd think you'd feel better about yourself after the blow, at least comparatively.

So they designed J-lo a laptop, eh? Wonder if even she'll buy it.

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
Why would I pay that much for a laptop that still runs Windows???? :confused: (It's ugly too)
I could pay a miniscule fraction of that and get a more beautiful iBook! :)

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
This is one of the most expensive attempts ever to disprove the old saying "you can't polish a turd". It fails. Diamonds or no, it still runs XP. :rolleyes:

howard

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2002
so bling finally made it to computers eh?

notice the name of the line is "ego"

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
KD7IWP said:
Is it just me, or is that the same shape as the tangerine iBook almost???
It's the same shape as all of the clamshells. That's the first thing I thought of when I opened the link. It even looks the same on the inside.

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
howard said:
notice the name of the line is "ego"
Yeah, fits about right.

I think I see family resemblance here though:
0011.jpg

...is sorta like a ********* verison of:
ibooklcds.jpg

iArtificialLife

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2005
my heart is in tokyo,japan
i love how they have come up with a compleatly original shape.they talk about how they thought up this "original" idea.how they re invented they gray and silver laptop. but this makes me miss the clamshell iBooks. makes me wish apple would creat an eBook that had the clamshell design.apparently laptops are handbags now.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
I don't get it. For 1% of the price, you can get a laptop that's even more beautiful, enclosed in cold, hard metal. Those laptops are butt ugly to be frank.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
It wins the Lé Fügly award of pure sh**y-ness in design!

Congratulations, you designers!

yellow said:
Hmm disposable income.. better then spending it on blow I guess.
Maybe they made this laptop to pay of their drug debts?

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
Aw, c'mon guys, they're really not THAT bad...well, yes they are. But didn't you always want a nice oak handle for your laptop?

Sunrunner

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2003
Applespider said:
Tulip have announced a gold and diamond encrusted laptop for the bargain price of €283,000

For those who want 'style' :rolleyes: at a lower price, you could go for leather or fabric cases instead. No word on the specs...

This has got to be one of the most retarded products I have seen in a while... anybody that woud spend that much on a laptop like that should be taken out and beaten.

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
It's what Cletus the slack-jawwed yokel would buy if he won the lottery.
"Earline, you jus keep birthin' that baby while I check muh stocks on the Innernet."

minimax

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2005
Also consider the resemblence between the name (Tulip) and logo. What different company does that remind you of..? So there is a history they are trying to live up to.

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
LMFAO. This is almost as good as that "Bling It On" that they advertise on TV, with that 40 year old saying "Bling it On" isnt just for girls. lmfao. :D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
It looks like quite a fashion statement. Reminds me of a purse or a weight scale. Since it looks like a piece of art, after it no longer works as a computer it could be put on display.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Diamonds encrusted in plastic? LOL :D That's the ugliest laptop ever. If they streamlined the design, made it half an inch thick in 30carat gold and sterling silver, and it ran OSX, then yeah, I'd say it was a bargain. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.