Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bable

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
I'm using itransmission on a jail broken iPad Air 2. I had iPhones through the 5s but haven't really used iOS much since. When I torrent files they don't show up in iBooks or videos. I can find the files with ifile but that only opens a weak third party app. Can I torrent a movie or book and then enjoy it without needing iTunes to sync?

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
From Reddit

"Link ifile to your Dropbox account. Move book to Dropbox location. Open Dropbox app. Open book in iBooks from there."

Bit of a long way round but if it works it works.

Reactions: bable

bable

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
I'm left flabbergasted that I didn't turn up more forums with people raging at apple for crippling their devices like this. I thought this would be perfect for downloading my job schematics in the field(tough, light, fast, great screen) but downloading a torrent under a wind turbine in Wyoming is slow enough without then having to feed it back up to the cloud and download it again. Plus movies at night are totally out of the question, one 700mb movie would be half my data plan to pull it down, send it up, and bring it back again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.