Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crm297

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
London, UK.
Hey.

I'm looking for some full featured project management software.

In a previous career (10 years or so ago) I used to make significant use of MS Project. Can anyone suggest a Mac application that can do similar things? I'm looking for something more than just a tricked up To-Do list app.

It's a one off project so also keen not to break the bank.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
I use Merlin and I've demoed OmniPlan, both are pretty nice and very capable scheduling/resource allocation applications. I also use MS Project - several clients of mine have expressed that they really like the output of Merlin.

There are web-based applications to be had, I've tried a few but IMO they're junk. Merlin also has a web-based license that works in a server-mode, at an additional cost, which clients/coworkers can collaborate through. Merlin has stagnated a bit at version 2.9.x, but it's still far more powerful than OmniPlan. I can import from and export to 95% of Project files.

A cross platform option that some of my friends use is Fastrack Schedule 10 - I've also demoed it, but keep coming back to Merlin.

iknowtheanswer

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2014
I use and can recommend OmniPlan. The user interface is best on a large screen but it is due for an update that is likely to make us 11" MacBook Air owners happy.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'd go with OmniPlan, I've used other "Omni" apps and they're quite robust.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.