Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
For some light news prior to MacWorld Expo, see this Wired article about folks who make paper Mac models:

Last year, Mike Burgess ordered a PowerMac G4 Cube from Apple's website. But he was so impatient for it to be delivered, he made a cardboard replica while he waited for the real one to arrive.

I suppose the saddest part is that I feel for Mike... :)

adidasx2004

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2002
GAme Room

Someone please tell me how to post a picture on a thread, i downloaded a picture from steve wozniaks webcam from his desk with a book with and apple logo and "game room" on the front and i dont no how to post it. (it gameroom apples new toy or something old..?)

Tommy!

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2001
NH
I made a fully operational imac 233 with pizza boxes and other materials I found in the home

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
that's pretty wacky!

There is a lot of talent going into these cardboard Macs....very cool as a hobby.....wish I had time like that to devote to models...

juniormaj

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2001
Newbury Park, CA
I was in Japan last January right after Macworld SF. A lot of the Apple dealers in Akihabra had cardboard mock-ups of G4 PowerBoooks they had laser printed from the photos on Apple.com. It was kinda funny, and from a distance I was even fooled into thinking they had real ones on display.

F/reW/re

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2001
Norway
adidasx2004 how to post a picture

U have to do like this
type [im g]theURL[/im g]
remember, NO spaces! I only make spaces so that u could se the code..

just like this
mwsf02_fullspeedahead.gif

susan04.jpg

U need to upload the picture to a server to do this...

[Edited by F/reW/re on 01-05-2002 at 09:34 PM]

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Colour Classic

Dudes, I am SAD!

I have a Color Classic I with has had its insides replaced from:

CPU: MC68030
CPU speed: 16 Mhz
RAM: 4 MB
Serial Ports: 2
ADB: 2
Floppy: 1.4 MB SuperDrive
HD: 40-160 MB
CD-ROM: none
Monitor: 10" RGB 8 bit (256 color) 512x384
Sound Output: mono 8 bit
Sound Input: mono 8 bit (built-in mic)
Ethernet: none

and this is what it is now:

CPU: PowerPC G3
CPU speed: 400mhz
RAM: 64mb
Serial Ports: NONE
ADB: NONE
USB: 2
FireWire: 2
HD: 10gb
CD-ROM: Slotloading at top
Monitor: 10" RGB 8 bit (256 color) 800x600
Sound Output: Stero 16-bit
Sound Input: mono 8 bit (built-in mic + External
Ethernet: 100bs-t

Its a great little machine, its running OSX like a dream. I want to find an G4 upgrade card for the imac that went in to it so I can have the fasted classic mac ever!

F/reW/re

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2001
Norway
Why are u sad?
Did u cut a whole in the chassi on tha classic to have a place to insert the CD?

Interiority

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2001
England
Hot Rod Colour Classic

Guy - How about posting some pictures of your upgraded Classic, and more details of the conversion??

Doraemon

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2001
Europe (EU)
Originally posted by Macrumors
For some light news prior to MacWorld Expo, see this Wired article about folks who make paper Mac models:

Last year, Mike Burgess ordered a PowerMac G4 Cube from Apple's website. But he was so impatient for it to be delivered, he made a cardboard replica while he waited for the real one to arrive.

I suppose the saddest part is that I feel for Mike... :)

I got a couple of (professionally produced) paper Cubes from my local Mac reseller when the Cube was released. One now stands next to my G4. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.