Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
I want a UK plug to USB adapter to charge iphone 3G at work. My other chargers dont work now and wondered if anyone had got a spare charger that was not the £19 one from Apple Any links appreciated

Cheers

amt2002

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2008
I want a UK plug to USB adapter to charge iphone 3G at work. My other chargers dont work now and wondered if anyone had got a spare charger that was not the £19 one from Apple Any links appreciated

Cheers

The old charger won't work? So will my ipod 4g charger not charge the 3G?

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008

None on there now, specifically say compatible with 3G and the fact that the BOSE sound sytem doesnt, makes me think they wont.

So everyone who is getting a spare charge is spending £19 on the apple one?

steveapp

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
None on there now, specifically say compatible with 3G and the fact that the BOSE sound sytem doesnt, makes me think they wont.

I had an experiment in Comet and tried all the docks they had, the only one that worked was the Bose £299 one they had, everything else, including other bose ones - failed to work.

I ordered a car charger on the Apple web site (not the Griffin one) for £14.99 inc vat and im hoping it should work but I tried to get Apple to confirm it would and they couldnt confirm it :-(

The charge cable that came with my iPod Nano will charge and sync the 3G iPhone but thats all I could find, other than the one that came with it and the spare apple one I bought from Tescos for £19

April Dancer

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2006
Surrey, UK
My USB chargers from iPods and previous iPhone charge the 3G no problem. The only one that didn't work so far was a firewire charger from the original iPod that I've been using to charge everything. It worked with the 2G :mad:

03sho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2007
UK
The old charger won't work? So will my ipod 4g charger not charge the 3G?

I don't think so.

I plugged my ipod mini charger that I have been using to charge my ipod touch and 2nd gen nano and the charger doesn't work on iphone.

Libitina

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2008
UK

My Klipsch igroove still plays the iphone 3g but it doesn't charge it though. It looks great too,lol.

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
I had an experiment in Comet and tried all the docks they had, the only one that worked was the Bose £299 one they had, everything else, including other bose ones - failed to work.

I ordered a car charger on the Apple web site (not the Griffin one) for £14.99 inc vat and im hoping it should work but I tried to get Apple to confirm it would and they couldnt confirm it :-(

The charge cable that came with my iPod Nano will charge and sync the 3G iPhone but thats all I could find, other than the one that came with it and the spare apple one I bought from Tescos for £19

Fo car charger fortunately the one from Tesco £3 called Bell I think works with 3G with an apple cord, so thats sorted. Just need a work one for wall charging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.