Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
I'd been debating on trying it for the last few months, but finally decided to pull the trigger a few days ago...

What the heck was I waiting on??? I love it! The tabs are great and I love how you can do the "desktop rendering" and avoid mobile sites. One of my motorcycle forums automatically defaults to the mobile version and, though it offers the option of going to the desktop version, it actually doesn't work. But on Perfect Browser, I can force it to work and it's great.

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I use it, and yes it does have Google search. I like it for the most part.

bengtc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
So I just downloaded the app and it DOES NOT have google search suggestions in the search box. Or am i missing something?

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Does Perfect Browser offer better screen real estate for looking at web pages? I hate how safari always has a bar on the top and bottom. I really wish they would auto hide after a page loads.

Also, I tried the firefox home app, and they place an even larger bar on the top of the screen. Is this something apple forces other browser apps to do?

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
Does Perfect Browser offer better screen real estate for looking at web pages? I hate how safari always has a bar on the top and bottom. I really wish they would auto hide after a page loads.

Yeah, this is one of the features Perfect Browser has been advertising since almost the start (it's been one of its main selling points). It doesn't auto hide but you press a button and it will hide both (and the button remains opaque so you can press it again if you need them. As well as the back and forward buttons).

I'll be honest, it kinda sucked when I first got it cause it was glitchy. But it had such useful features I used it anyways.

Now it's not glitchy (They fixed it in 2.0 I think) and those features remain (and have gotten improved). I think it lives up to the name now. It has all the features Apple seemed to leave out of Safari (remembers your tabs, you can make both the bottom and top bar go away but it still has opaque back and forward buttons so the only time you need the bars to come back is if entering a new website address, has a search function, the tabs are on a collapsible bar that you can view all that are open at once, it has a speed scroll if you choose to use it, the address bar can be brought back with a button and it stays with you rather than scrolling up so if you need it you need to scroll to the top again, when it's loading a page it shows a page loading bar at the bottom with a big stop button in case you made a mistake... I hated how safari if you accidentally clicked something you had to try to scroll quickly to the top to get to the stop loading bar).

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
Been using it for a few weeks. Love it. Very fast. Full screen mode and controls are very nice. Now if I could get it to become the default browser when clicking on email links and what not....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.