Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today launched its annual Back to University promotion in Australia,New Zealand, and Brazil, offering students and teachers a free pair of Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones or Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones with the purchase of a Mac or an iPad Pro.

With the purchase of an eligible Mac, which includes the MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro, and iMac Pro, students can get a free set of Beats Solo3 headphones, or Powerbeats3 headphones. Studio3 headphones are also available at a discounted price of NZ$40.00 in New Zealand, A$50.00 in Australia, and R$ 350,00 in Brazil.

backtouniversitypromo-800x568.jpg

With the purchase of a 2018 iPad Pro, Apple is providing a free set of Powerbeats3 earphones. Beats Solo3 headphones are available at a discounted price of A$140.00, NZ$160.00, or R$ 700,00, while Beats Studio3 headphones are available at a discounted price of A$190.00, NZ$200.00, or R$ 1.050,00.

The promotion includes Apple's newest "Pop" PowerBeats3 and "Skyline" Studio3 lines.

Both the Macs and the iPad Pro models are available at a discounted educational price when purchasing through the Australia, New Zealand, and Brazil educational stores, with discounts of up to A$290, NZ$340, or R$1.760,00 on qualifying Macs. The education stores also offer AppleCare+ protection plans at a 20 percent discount.

For further discounts, as pointed out by 9to5Mac Apple is promoting its trade-in program, which allows older devices to be traded in for credit towards new devices. Apple has been heavily promoting trade-in options as of late, especially for the most recent iPhone lineup.

To get the free or discounted Beats, students simply need to add an eligible Mac or iPad Pro to their carts, where the option to add the headphones will come up automatically.

backtonuniversity2-800x519.jpg

Discounts are available for current and newly accepted university students, parents buying for students, and teachers and staff at all levels. Sign up and enrollment verification through UNiDays is required.

Educational discounts in Australia, New Zealand, and Brazil will be available for a limited amount of time, both online and at Apple retail stores in Australia and Brazil. The promotion is set to end on March 15, 2019, with terms and conditions available in PDF form here: Australia, New Zealand, and Brazil.

Apple's back to university promotion in Australia and New Zealand is the same as the Back to School promotion that Apple launched in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and several European countries back in July.

Update: The Back to University promotion is also available in South Korea.

Article Link: Apple Launches 'Back to University' Promo in Australia, New Zealand, and Brazil Offering Free Beats With Mac or iPad Pro Purchase

Cancelled
Jul 3, 2013
Maybe this is an indication we will finally see Beats 4 with USB-C.
My other half has been holding off on buying a set for this very reason.

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
Why they don't just have a cut the price promo instead? Overstock on the beats to get rid of?
Because why would they discount their machines by another 300$ when they can give you headphones for the fraction of the cost to them? Why wouldn’t they push their own brand to make others then buy those same headphones??

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
At least in Brazil the prices are so out of hand that this promo doesn't seem very appealing. It's not Apple's entire fault. The taxes on imported products are just insane there. Around almost 3x as it is in the US.
I used to take my used iDevices down there and sell for prices same or higher than new ones in the US.

Reactions: Oblivious.Robot

Costino1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2012
As I just buy a MacBook Pro 15" 2018 in the states 3 days ago....Id love to have a pair of those. Don't care what the haters say, they are good quality headphones.
[doublepost=1546566162][/doublepost]
There's never been a better time to buy into iPad Pro. It is the ultimate supercomputer.

Sarcasm I sense....

Act3

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2014
USA
Nope. Students fundamentally spend other people's money: parents, loans, scholarship... They don't benefit directly from a price drop, but they benefit from free stuff.

And the parents still pay the premium prices to apple

fermat-au

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2009
Australia
The fact that Apple is 'giving away' a A$400 pair Beats headphone when you spend A$1,429 on an old MacBook Air, said something about the profit margin of Beats headphones.
Beat is a very high margin brand.

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
There's never been a better time to buy into iPad Pro. It is the ultimate supercomputer.
Does iOS's Safari open webpage in desktop site format every single time?
I can still run into the damn thing opening mobile version of the site even I have requested the desktop version.

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
You do realize apple owns beats headphones?
Where in my post did it seem like I wasn’t referencing that they own them? I’m serious. The whole point of the post was that they own beats so the cost of the headphones are low for them and they want to push their beats brand…

Reactions: David G.

ysihaoy

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2011

Apple today launched its annual Back to University promotion in Australia,New Zealand, and Brazil, offering students and teachers a free pair of Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones or Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones with the purchase of a Mac or an iPad Pro.

With the purchase of an eligible Mac, which includes the MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro, and iMac Pro, students can get a free set of Beats Solo3 headphones, or Powerbeats3 headphones. Studio3 headphones are also available at a discounted price of NZ$40.00 in New Zealand, A$50.00 in Australia, and R$ 350,00 in Brazil.

backtouniversitypromo-800x568.jpg

With the purchase of a 2018 iPad Pro, Apple is providing a free set of Powerbeats3 earphones. Beats Solo3 headphones are available at a discounted price of A$140.00, NZ$160.00, or R$ 700,00, while Beats Studio3 headphones are available at a discounted price of A$190.00, NZ$200.00, or R$ 1.050,00.

The promotion includes Apple's newest "Pop" PowerBeats3 and "Skyline" Studio3 lines.

Both the Macs and the iPad Pro models are available at a discounted educational price when purchasing through the Australia, New Zealand, and Brazil educational stores, with discounts of up to A$290, NZ$340, or R$1.760,00 on qualifying Macs. The education stores also offer AppleCare+ protection plans at a 20 percent discount.

For further discounts, as pointed out by 9to5Mac Apple is promoting its trade-in program, which allows older devices to be traded in for credit towards new devices. Apple has been heavily promoting trade-in options as of late, especially for the most recent iPhone lineup.

To get the free or discounted Beats, students simply need to add an eligible Mac or iPad Pro to their carts, where the option to add the headphones will come up automatically.

backtonuniversity2-800x519.jpg

Discounts are available for current and newly accepted university students, parents buying for students, and teachers and staff at all levels. Sign up and enrollment verification through UNiDays is required.

Educational discounts in Australia, New Zealand, and Brazil will be available for a limited amount of time, both online and at Apple retail stores in Australia and Brazil. The promotion is set to end on March 15, 2019, with terms and conditions available in PDF form here: Australia, New Zealand, and Brazil.

Apple's back to university promotion in Australia and New Zealand is the same as the Back to School promotion that Apple launched in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and several European countries back in July.

Update: The Back to University promotion is also available in South Korea.

Article Link: Apple Launches 'Back to University' Promo in Australia, New Zealand, and Brazil Offering Free Beats With Mac or iPad Pro Purchase

Looks like apple can't sell out his stupid beats headphones

Anarchy99

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2003
CA
Hmm, deal ends March 15. What are the odds Apple will release a new iMac on March 16?
i call BS
the'll do it atleast 15 days after that. otherwise people would use Apple's return policy
[doublepost=1546577321][/doublepost]
Does iOS's Safari open webpage in desktop site format every single time?
I can still run into the damn thing opening mobile version of the site even I have requested the desktop version.
more often then not even the request desktop site doesn't help thanks to user agents and mobile responsive design

Reactions: H2SO4

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
i call BS
the'll do it atleast 15 days after that. otherwise people would use Apple's return policy
[doublepost=1546577321][/doublepost]
more often then not even the request desktop site doesn't help thanks to user agents and mobile responsive design
My point exactly. The iPad Pro running iOS cannot even perform such simple function would not be replacing any computer, let alone "supercomputer".

TheRealDGD

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2016
My guess is Tim is having a hard time with PRICES... we used to pay for Apples unique ability, that gap has closed significantly and justifying the cost is getting harder and harder.

Reactions: akbarali.ch
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.