Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has been listed as a contributing sponsor for the non-profit information/security conference BSides that's currently taking place in San Francisco. Apple joins a long list of sponsors including Google, Dropbox, Netflix, Fitbit, and more.

According to the conference's sponsor page, Apple is also listed as a food sponsor for BSides, and provided breakfast and lunch meals to everyone yesterday. The company's involvement beyond that, if any, hasn't been mentioned.

Bsides-Conference.jpg

BSides officially began yesterday and ends today, February 13. The conference is described as an "open forum for discussion and debate for security engineers and their affiliates."
BSides SF is a non-profit organization designed to advance the body of Information Security knowledge, by providing an annual, two day, open forum for discussion and debate for security engineers and their affiliates. We produce a conference that is a source of education, collaboration, and continued conversation for information technologists and those associated with this field.

The technical and academic presentations at BSides SF are given in the spirit of peer review and advanced knowledge dissemination. This allows the field of Information Security to grow in breadth and depth, and continue in its pursuit of highly advanced scientifically based knowledge.
More information about the BSides conference, and the rest of today's schedule of events, can be found on the company's website.

Article Link: Apple Named as Contributing Sponsor for Information and Security Conference 'BSides'

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
This is not about food for hungry or homeless people.

I'm all for charity, especially when it comes to disaster relief, but in cases like these, I sometimes wonder how much longer Apple's shareholders are going to tolerate Tim's largesse with their money.
Perhaps you should re-read the topic and what I stated.

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
I know this is off-topic, but... the bridge part of the logo at the top-right corner looks like two Atari logos connected together. Maybe the logo designer is an Atari fan?
It looks exactly like the logo, same proportions and everything. Even the year looks like it uses the same font.

Reactions: gniltaws and g-7

macs4nw

macrumors 601
Perhaps you should re-read the topic and what I stated.
What I see is Apple providing breakfast and lunch at a conference which is described as an "open forum for discussion and debate for security engineers and their affiliates."

If you meant Apple should instead focus on the hungry and homeless, rather than feeding presumably well-fed conference attendees, I misinterpreted your post.

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
It looks exactly like the logo, same proportions and everything. Even the year looks like it uses the same font.

Give the designer a break. He's probably a Samsung employee.

There's no other possible way to draw a bridge than to copy the Atari logo twice.

Last edited:
Reactions: gniltaws
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.