Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is expanding its "Shot on iPhone" advertising campaign with a new series of images focusing on color, reports TechCrunch. The images focus on "the bright, vibrant colors you'll find in the world around you," with Apple putting up new billboards and other imagery featuring the new photographs.

The "Colors" campaign will focus on sharing photographs taken by people local to the area where billboards and other signage are located, and new photographs are going up in the United States, Canada, the UK, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, UAE, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, India, Korea, China, Malaysia, New Zealand, and Thailand.

appleshotoniphonecolors.jpg
Image via TechCrunch

Apple's "Shot on iPhone" campaign began in early 2015 following the launch of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, and Apple re-launched it in early 2016 it to show off images taken with the improved iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus. Most recently, billboards and artwork for the Shot on iPhone campaign featured snapshots of people.

Apple is likely to continue on with the Shot on iPhone campaign for some time, as the upcoming iPhone 7 Plus is rumored to feature a much-improved dual-lens camera that will allow for crisper, sharper images and other notable improvements. The iPhone 7, while not gaining a dual-lens camera, is expected to include similar improvements introduced through the inclusion of a larger sensor.

Article Link: Apple Expands Shot on iPhone Campaign With Photos Focusing on Colors

inhalexhale1

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2011
PA
Well, how about 10bit colors for videos in Quicktime/iTunes for starters?
And H.265, especially if they keep insisting to offer 16GB models.

Glassed Silver:mac

I would bet if the overall update to the iPhone is going to be minimal, now would be the time to increase base storage.

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
How about one thing at a time?
LOL it's not like they'd be rushing this implementation.

I've long accepted that Apple doesn't really try their hardest anymore, but at this point it's just ridiculous.

I would bet if the overall update to the iPhone is going to be minimal, now would be the time to increase base storage.
Mh, maybe. Then again you could argue that time has been for years now. So...

Zirel

Suspended
Jul 24, 2015
LOL it's not like they'd be rushing this implementation.

I've long accepted that Apple doesn't really try their hardest anymore, but at this point it's just ridiculous.

They have an hardware h.265 encoder and decoder since iPhone 6. They better not use h.265 or Androids and old PCs won't play them, and another scandal surfaces.

JustThinkin'

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2014
That would make sense. They could even go to 32GB, 128GB, 256GB like the iPP, so they can charge $150 for a memory upgrade.

In other words, they might still keep their margins up.

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
They have an hardware h.265 encoder and decoder since iPhone 6. They better not use h.265 or Androids and old PCs won't play them, and another scandal surfaces.
I know they do.

And some Android devices already have H.265.
Old PCs? Since when does Apple care about old PCs? Didn't you hear that 5 years is too much? ;)

Having the ABILITY to keep my iTunes movies and shows in H.265 and save tons of space when all of my devices are powerful enough anyways, or the ones I want to use the particular content with, should be given.

They can't wait forever.

Zirel

Suspended
Jul 24, 2015
I know they do.

And some Android devices already have H.265.
Old PCs? Since when does Apple care about old PCs? Didn't you hear that 5 years is too much? ;)

I know, but lots of Androids and PCs that won't read h265 files, and people would complain because they can't watch their movies on "non-Apple devices". You know this would happend and Apple would be hit with a class action lawsuit.

Having the ABILITY to keep my iTunes movies and shows in H.265 and save tons of space when all of my devices are powerful enough anyways, or the ones I want to use the particular content with, should be given.

They can't wait forever.

Sure thing. And saves Apple money from streaming.

Suspended
Jul 18, 2009
Where's the "Shot on iPhone but I wanted to change the color but I couldn't very much because it doesn't support RAW" examples ;)

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Color-blue.jpg

SHOT ON A WINDOWS PHONE​

You realise the one thing Windows phones had over iPhones was the cameras?
[doublepost=1467189144][/doublepost]These campaigns are great.

Problem is , it's not the tech that dictates these images , it's the photographer . some skilled people out there that can get their pictures show as part of this campaign

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
I know, but lots of Androids and PCs that won't read h265 files, and people would complain because they can't watch their movies on "non-Apple devices". You know this would happend and Apple would be hit with a class action lawsuit.

Sure thing. And saves Apple money from streaming.
I doubt that. All they have to do is offer both formats and load the one that's compatible with the device.

So old PC? Loads H.264.
New Mac (with unupgradable internal storage ;) )? H.265

Don't be ridiculous, that all sounds like useful stuff.
You're right, doesn't sound like it'll earn them any money directly.

Whilst they're at it, they could go back to MPEG2. Wow, suddently the 64GB upgrade tier sounds even more necessary! Genius!

Glassed Silver:ios

ddkkpp

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2011
very disappointed by the iPhone's (6S) default colour balance - everything has a green tinge - it needs to be warmed up a bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.