Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today sent out media invites for its annual iPhone-centric event that will be held on Tuesday, September 10 at 10:00 a.m. at the Steve Jobs Theater at the Apple Park campus in Cupertino, California.

The media invites offer up a first look at the theme of the event and feature the tagline "By innovation only."
appleinvites-800x843.jpg
Image via Neil Cybart

There's a lot to look forward to when it comes to the 2019 iPhone lineup, which will be the main feature at the September 10 event. Apple is expected to continue to offer three iPhones, two OLED models in 5.8 and 6.5 inches and one LCD model that's 6.1 inches, but all three will see camera improvements.

The two OLED models are said to have triple-lens camera setups arranged within in a square bump, with the setup including a telephoto lens, a wide-angle lens, and a new super-wide angle lens.

Users will be able to zoom out further to capture a wider field of view, and the new setup will bring improvements to low-light images. As for the 6.1-inch iPhone, it's getting a dual-camera setup for the first time.

2019iphonescreensizes.jpg

Apple is going to use a new matte finish for the iPhones, and they're said to feature better shatter and water resistance for improved durability. Face ID is being improved and will work from more angles, but there won't be other changes to the notch.

3D Touch is also being eliminated in favor of the haptic feedback system first introduced with the iPhone XR. Bilateral wireless charging, bigger batteries, a new AMX co-processor and A13 chip are some of the other features that we're expecting to see.

iphonedummymodelstrio.jpg

Apple's fall event also often includes the Apple Watch, and while it's looking like we're not going to see many updates to the watch this year, there are hints of new ceramic and titanium models.

New iPad Pro models, a new 10.2-inch iPad, and a new high-end 16-inch MacBook Pro are also on the horizon and are expected to launch in the fall, but it's not clear if Apple will introduce these at its September event or hold a second fall event as it often does.

13-16-inch-macbook-pro-air-trio.jpg
A mockup of a 16-inch MacBook Pro​

Apple's new hardware will ship with the latest version of iOS, iOS 13, and ahead of when the new iPhones launch, we can expect to see iOS 13 released alongside macOS Catalina, watchOS 6, iPadOS, and tvOS 13.

Two new services, Apple Arcade and Apple TV+, are going to launch this fall, so we may hear additional details including pricing information and release timelines at the September event.

applearcade-1.jpg

As with past events, Apple will stream the event live on its website and on the Apple TV when it kicks off at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time, but for those who are unable to watch, MacRumors will be providing full event coverage both on MacRumors.com and through the MacRumorsLive Twitter account.

Article Link: Apple Invites Media to September 10 Event at Apple Park: 'By Innovation Only'

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
I just can't see the back ending up like what they look like in these leaks.. I. mean.. That just looks crazy... but then again.. maybe that's how people know you have an iphone now? between the notch and the cameras. Hopefully theirs some iOS 13 features thats exclusive to the new model. They used to that but they didn't on iOS 12 except for the ability to adjust the portrait mode effect.

And of course apple is going to release a new phone color.. Thats what they always do on S year upgrades

Last edited:

brinary001

Suspended
Sep 4, 2012
Midwest, USA
I figured they would send out the invites today. The multi-colored, jelly-like logo is certainly interesting... Reference to the colors of the XR maybe?

I mocked up a quick little wallpaper out of the invite for anyone who would like to have it. Unfortunately it's only in XS Max resolution because that's the phone I have :)

fullsizeoutput_19d6.jpeg

Last edited:

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014

I doubt it will happen, but I would love for a surprise collaboration with Nintendo with the Apple Arcade, and have all Nintendo's virtual console titles, or at least the classic edition titles be available on the Apple Arcade.

Or maybe some good games ported to the tvOS.

Better yet, a new ATV with a A13X and bundled controller with the things above, and a year's Apple Arcade sub for less than $300 would make me very happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.