Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OkDude

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
Need a new case for my 7. I hear a lot of good things about the apple leather cases. I'm wondering does it add a lotta bulk to it? I've always preferred to have minimal cases to have some protection but keep it sleek.

Another option I like is the MagCase - Super light and good looking. But two totally different animals.

But the leather one has that classy feeling to it.

Anyone wants to chime in?

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
it doesn't add much bulk but the leather case is still too slippy for me really. It's why I don't use it that often when I go out and about.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Apple Leather cAse is well made and fits perfect. camera cutout is precise. Leather is good quality and it offers more than ample protection
Only negative is that the light colors get dirty fast some develope a ‘petina’
Black works great
Read the reviews in the Apple store

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
Black on my 7+ for year and a half. Riding nice on my Red 8+ Looks great with the black front. Very happy with it.

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2017
It's my favorite, but I probably won't get it again because I like bright colors and dislike the way they age.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Need a new case for my 7. I hear a lot of good things about the apple leather cases. I'm wondering does it add a lotta bulk to it? I've always preferred to have minimal cases to have some protection but keep it sleek.

Another option I like is the MagCase - Super light and good looking. But two totally different animals.

But the leather one has that classy feeling to it.

Anyone wants to chime in?

A newbie asking about the Apple leather case with a link to another case!

Nice try.

Reactions: rugmankc

PhoneMe1

Suspended
Mar 23, 2018
it doesn't add much bulk but the leather case is still too slippy for me really. It's why I don't use it that often when I go out and about.

I got my X charcoal grey just now, its not slippery and is way better grip than the soldsuit i just returned. Maybe new ones are better.

edit, its that grippy my fingers stick a bit to sides when you push on and off. This was my main gripe with them too, very happy with this one.
Photo
dhy7ozpIQl+RWZW4IR1IOA.jpg
RMcG1iFZSRi0gqkwWbvjMQ.jpg
next to black kindle.

Last edited:

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
I have it in black and charcoal grey and I love it. I have tried a ton of other cases but the feel and the looks keep me coming back to the Apple leather case. It is a bit slippery at first but over a short time it gets much grippier.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I got my X charcoal grey just now, its not slippery and is way better grip than the soldsuit i just returned. Maybe new ones are better.

edit, its that grippy my fingers stick a bit to sides when you push on and off. This was my main gripe with them too, very happy with this one.
Photo View attachment 759357 View attachment 759358 next to black kindle.
Well I'm giving it a try today and will try and rock with it with the gym too and see how it is there for grip. I think for the X plus I will go with the silcone case again and rock a spigen one as a spare going forward.

It's a nice design and looks good but the grip has been an issue. It's only an issue if I was using it in the street or planning on taking pics with one hand I would feel uneasy. That said when the bigger model is out I will have to use two hands with it anyway

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
decided to give the leather case to my mum for her new iphone x

far too slippery for my liking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.