Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Music subscribers in a number of countries now have access to lyrics for select Apple Music songs, according to an updated Apple support page.

Lyric availability has expanded to Germany, Ireland, South Africa, Spain, Mexico, New Zealand, and France, letting customers in these countries view song lyrics and search for songs using lyrics.

apple-music-search-lyrics-ios-12-beta-800x1371.jpg

Support for lyrics was first added in iOS 10, allowing users to view the lyrics for a song when listening to Apple Music. As of iOS 12, Apple implemented a feature allowing users to search for a song's lyrics to bring up the relevant song.

Apple says its Apple Music lyrics feature is now available in a total of 11 countries, including Australia, Canada, the UK, and the United States in addition to the new countries added today.

Lyrics can be accessed on iOS devices, Apple Music for Android, on the Mac, and on the Apple TV.

Apple in October 2018 partnered with Genius to add Genius lyrics for additional songs within Apple Music. Lyrics are not yet available for the full Apple Music catalogue, but are available for many songs.

Article Link: Apple Music Lyric Availability Expands to Additional Countries

KPandian1

macrumors 65816
Oct 22, 2013
At least now, the out of key singers next to me will be using the correct words!;)

freezah

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2012
Apple, are you ever going to support at least Polish dictionary on your iOS devices, not mentioning Siri?

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
They should change the way to report wrong lyrics. Some of the song lyrics are wildly wrong and/or have glaring spelling and grammar errors.

It's a bit disappointing that such a service doesn't have better vetted lyrics.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Apple Music needs Amazon Prime Music style lyrics that syncs against the music.

ImperfectLion

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2014
Why can’t you search song by lyrics if the song downloaded to your phone (with lyrics added to the song in iTunes)?

Kadang

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2015
Denmark
What is so difficult with enabling lyrics worldwide. Isn’t the lyrics the same for the same song regardless of which country you live in?

Exactly - i understand a thing like maps is hard to implement worldwide. But lyrics should be a feature that’s turned on for near-everyone at the same time.

I hate staggered releases of software.

Jedwardoo

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2017
Here
The funny thing is, I really thought the lyrics feature was already available globally. I don't see my country having lyrics capabilities in the support page, yet I am using lyrics when I'm listening to Apple Music.

Apple Music subscribers in a number of countries now have access to lyrics for select Apple Music songs, according to an updated Apple support page.

Lyric availability has expanded to Germany, Ireland, South Africa, Spain, Mexico, New Zealand, and France, letting customers in these countries view song lyrics and search for songs using lyrics.

apple-music-search-lyrics-ios-12-beta-800x1371.jpg

Support for lyrics was first added in iOS 10, allowing users to view the lyrics for a song when listening to Apple Music. As of iOS 12, Apple implemented a feature allowing users to search for a song's lyrics to bring up the relevant song.

Apple says its Apple Music lyrics feature is now available in a total of 11 countries, including Australia, Canada, the UK, and the United States in addition to the new countries added today.

Lyrics can be accessed on iOS devices, Apple Music for Android, on the Mac, and on the Apple TV.

Apple in October 2018 partnered with Genius to add Genius lyrics for additional songs within Apple Music. Lyrics are not yet available for the full Apple Music catalogue, but are available for many songs.

Article Link: Apple Music Lyric Availability Expands to Additional Countries

konqerror

macrumors 68020
Dec 31, 2013
What is so difficult with enabling lyrics worldwide. Isn’t the lyrics the same for the same song regardless of which country you live in?

Exactly - i understand a thing like maps is hard to implement worldwide. But lyrics should be a feature that’s turned on for near-everyone at the same time.

I hate staggered releases of software.

It's actually a licensing issue. The rights to display lyrics are licensed separately from the song, which means dealing with laws and contracts in each country or region.

Reactions: mxmgodin and adib
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.