Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hubieonekanubie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
Kansas
Is anyone else experiencing the app crashing? I read the news app each morning and today on both my 10.5” ipad and my iPhone XS Max, i can open the app and within a couple of seconds the app crashes and closes on it’s own. Not the biggest issue but annoying. I’ve tried the Apple suggested solutions by restarting my device ad uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Seems to be working now.

Last edited:

justiny

Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Bubbletucky
Yeah, News app crashing on my Xs Max and iPad Air 2. Tried to force restart both devices and it doesn’t correct the issue.

Maui19

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2007
News+ is crashing today on my iPhone X and my Macbook Air. It was working fine last night.

whoisyourdaddy

Suspended
Oct 2, 2018
Same here. Same for a co-worker too...

I was able to keep it from crashing by quickly selecting News+ from the menu before it crashed. This kept it from crashing. However, this is only temporary because closing and reopening the app will still crash. Wow! Just a day after launch. Perhaps, they intended for it to only crash for non-subscribers. The work-around for crashing after the update will to subscribe. Give $10/month and you'll get a functioning News app. Solved!

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
I’m a subscriber, just subscribed last night and this morning I can’t use it. Deleted the app and reinstalled. Didn’t help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.