Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is planning to offer a special activity challenge on Veterans Day, which is set to take place on Sunday, November 11.

Apple Watch owners who do a workout of 11 minutes or more can earn a special Veterans Day-themed badge that will show up in the Activity app along with a matching sticker to use in the Messages app.

veteransdayapplewatch.jpg

Apple says the award can be earned by doing any workout that's recorded through the Workout app or another app that adds workout information to the health app.

The badge offered for the Veterans Day challenge is the same badge that was awarded for the 2017 Veterans Day challenge, which also tasked Apple Watch owners with completing an 11-minute workout.

veteransday_sticker.jpg

Apple does activity challenges on holidays on a regular basis, providing special badges and stickers for those who complete them. The last challenge, for National Parks Day, took place in September.

Article Link: Apple Offers New Activity Challenge on Apple Watch for Veterans Day

Reactions: jjm3

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Does this apply in the UK or only in the US? I don't care if it's not celebrated here - I want to win a soaring eagle emoji to kiss my limey friends with.

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
Seems to be the easiest challenge yet. 11 minutes of exercise and that's it? Suppose it's a Sunday and many only workout during the week but just walking around the grocery store should be enough to get that challenge met.

Reactions: centauratlas

yankdog

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2009
This would work great if I could trust the Workout app to correctly be reflected on my activity. So far it only works about half the time.

goshya

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2008
Europe
What’s the challenge?

Getting out of the trenches and walking slowly towards the enemy?

War sucks.

NomadicTy

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2007
Veterans day. Maybe a mile run and burpees to get a badge.

AW should allow connecting to shoepods that goes beyond step/stride analysis. Not everyone is a runner. Something like the Biostrap where with the wrist device + shoepod, you can record of different exercises. Burpees, squats, etc. Then when recording a workout, it can determine what exercise is being performed and count the reps.

matsayz

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2018
It's only 11 minutes because of Armistice Day... World War 1, the war was over, which took effect at eleven o'clock in the morning—the "eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" of 1918.
[doublepost=1541860965][/doublepost]It's only 11 minutes because of Armistice Day... World War 1, the war was over, which took effect at eleven o'clock in the morning—the "eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" of 1918. Your branch should've been telling you about this, it's the 100 year anniversary...

Only 11 minutes?
I planned on doing the whole physical fitness test for my branch that day.
[doublepost=1541861023][/doublepost]
Seems to be the easiest challenge yet. 11 minutes of exercise and that's it? Suppose it's a Sunday and many only workout during the week but just walking around the grocery store should be enough to get that challenge met.

It's only 11 minutes because of Armistice Day... World War 1, the war was over, which took effect at eleven o'clock in the morning—the "eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" of 1918.
[doublepost=1541861082][/doublepost]
Yea should be at least 30mins

Last edited:
Reactions: Starship67

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
[doublepost=1541860965][/doublepost]It's only 11 minutes because of Armistice Day... World War 1, the war was over, which took effect at eleven o'clock in the morning—the "eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" of 1918. Your branch should've been telling you about this, it's the 100 year anniversary...

[doublepost=1541861023][/doublepost]

[doublepost=1541861082][/doublepost]
Fully aware of the history.
But does not change the fact that this is way too easy.

demodave

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2010
Dallas, TX

Apple is planning to offer a special activity challenge on Veterans Day, which is set to take place on Sunday, November 11.

Apple Watch owners who do a workout of 11 minutes or more can earn a special Veterans Day-themed badge that will show up in the Activity app along with a matching sticker to use in the Messages app.

Apple says the award can be earned by doing any workout that's recorded through the Workout app or another app that adds workout information to the health app.

Mine failed to work. I did three, independent, walking workouts (Sundays are nice for that), one over 40 minutes long.

No biscuit. What’s up with that?

pittftbl

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2018
Mine failed to work. I did three, independent, walking workouts (Sundays are nice for that), one over 40 minutes long.

No biscuit. What’s up with that?
[doublepost=1542029660][/doublepost]Mine and both of my friends did not work either. I earned 5 awards yesterday for perfect weeks and no Veterans Day award.

Reactions: HMFIC03

andrewhagenauer

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2018
[doublepost=1542029660][/doublepost]
Mine and both of my friends did not work either. I earned 5 awards yesterday for perfect weeks and no Veterans Day award.

Same. I did 2 workouts and had badge show as notification on watch (nike s4) but nothing on app? any ideas?

Reactions: HMFIC03

Alan Wynn

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2017
My boyfriend and I have the same problem. I did two workouts, he did one, but neither of us got it. Super frustrating. Apple seems to have a real problem with Awards and the activity app, the update to iOS 12 lost many awards (they were restored with iOS 12.1), and had several other issues. Seems like a real lack of QA.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.