Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced that the Premier tier of its all-in-one subscription bundle Apple One will be available in 17 additional countries starting November 3, including Austria, Brazil, Colombia, France, Germany, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Arab Emirates. The press release was brought to our attention by German website Macerkopf.

apple-services-newsroom.jpg

Apple One allows customers to subscribe to multiple Apple services through a single plan with unified billing, including Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple News+, Apple Arcade, Apple Fitness+, and iCloud+ with 2TB of storage. However, Apple said Apple News+ will be remaining limited to the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia, so Apple One's Premier tier won't include Apple News+ in the 17 new countries where it is launching next week.

In the United States, Apple One's Premier tier is priced at $29.95 per month, offering savings of over $20 per month compared to standard monthly pricing for each of the individual services included with the bundle. With Family Sharing, up to six family members can access all the included services in Apple One with their own personal accounts.

apple-one-tiers.jpg

If you are considering Apple One, make sure to read our guide on how to sign up.

Update: The Apple One premier tier is now available in Austria, Brazil, Colombia, France, Germany, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Arab Emirates.

Article Link: Apple One's Premier Tier Available in 17 Additional Countries Starting Next Week [Update: Now Available]

Last edited:

zapmymac

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2016
SoCal ☀️
So close to pulling the trigger! Already paying for news+, 2TB iCloud, and iTunes Match : $22.08/month

I'm worried Music will screw with my MATCH uploads, anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: adamjackson

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2008
I'm a day one premier subscriber. Happy with the value. Wife is using Fitness & Arcade. We already were paying for Music + 2TB Tier and I am reading more with News. So it's a good deal. The iCloud security improvements were a nice surprise.

My hope is Apple continues adding value to Premier ahead of raising prices.

1. More news+ magazines
2. More arcade games
3. More 'freebies' like lyrics, lossless audio and iCloud security via Private Relay
4. Additional services get bundled automatically

If apple chooses to just raise prices every couple of years with inflation, the value will become less for me especially if we stop using Fitness+

Deadeyeshark

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
England
wish Apple would figure out a way to allow customers with 2x legacy Apple ID's to stack storage so we can get the full 4tb?

Orange Bat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2021
I really wish Apple would update the iCloud+ options. Why is the individual Appel One iCloud+ option only 50GB? I already pay for the 200GB plan, and really wish they offered a 500GB plan. However, the next step up is a whopping 2TB, which I don’t need at all! If I go with the individual plan, I’ll wind up paying for the 200GB for an extra 2.99, which means I should probably just go with the Family plan, which I don’t need for myself. It’s annoying and frustrating!

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
My hope is Apple continues adding value to Premier ahead of raising prices.

1. More news+ magazines
2. More arcade games
3. More 'freebies' like lyrics, lossless audio and iCloud security via Private Relay
4. Additional services get bundled automatically
To date, Apple has never raised a price on any of its subscription plans. While that isn't likely to be permanent, I don't see it going up anytime soon.

Having said that, I have some wishes as well:
  • Pricing: Annual pricing, from $149 for Apple One Individual to $295 for Apple One Premier.
  • Tiers: More tiers, such as $9.95/month Apple One Basic (Apple Arcade+, Apple Music Voice, Apple TV+, iCloud+ 50GB).
  • Apple Arcade: A dedicated Apple Arcade app with its own search and optimized storage management.
  • Apple Fitness+: Multiple participants using the same TV.
  • Apple Music: Faster and more relevant search, better recommendation engine, more streamlined navigation/browsing.
  • Apple News+: Browse the full News+ partner websites with Sign in with Apple.
  • Apple TV+: A dedicated Up Next bar on Apple TV+ Originals screen, ability to take a screenshot with Apple TV+ link, trakt-like wish list and progress management.
  • iCloud+: Expandable storage ($4.99/month for each additional TB), shared Photo Library.

headlessmike

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2017
I really wish Apple would update the iCloud+ options. Why is the individual Appel One iCloud+ option only 50GB? I already pay for the 200GB plan, and really wish they offered a 500GB plan. However, the next step up is a whopping 2TB, which I don’t need at all! If I go with the individual plan, I’ll wind up paying for the 200GB for an extra 2.99, which means I should probably just go with the Family plan, which I don’t need for myself. It’s annoying and frustrating!
The extra five bucks you spend on the family plan is certainly cheaper than having three or four kids to share it with.

Reactions: samwa3

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2008
To date, Apple has never raised a price on any of its subscription plans. While that isn't likely to be permanent, I don't see it going up anytime soon.

Having said that, I have some wishes as well:
  • Pricing: Annual pricing, from $149 for Apple One Individual to $295 for Apple One Premier.
  • Tiers: More tiers, such as $9.95/month Apple One Basic (Apple Arcade+, Apple Music Voice, Apple TV+, iCloud+ 50GB).
  • Apple Arcade: A dedicated Apple Arcade app with its own search and optimized storage management.
  • Apple Fitness+: Multiple participants using the same TV.
  • Apple Music: Faster and more relevant search, better recommendation engine, more streamlined navigation/browsing.
  • Apple News+: Browse the full News+ partner websites with Sign in with Apple.
  • Apple TV+: A dedicated Up Next bar on Apple TV+ Originals screen, ability to take a screenshot with Apple TV+ link, trakt-like wish list and progress management.
  • iCloud+: Expandable storage ($4.99/month for each additional TB), shared Photo Library.

That's a very good list and, I'm biased since I already pay for Premier, I support Apple putting some of those features as premier-only product features to entice people to sign up. streaming gaming / fitness improvements exclusive to premiere at least for a while.

realeric

macrumors 65816
Jun 19, 2009
United States
I got Apple TV+ for free but have watched only a few series (approx. total 10 hours per a year). What I have now are; Netflix(Excellent and I pay) >> Amazon Prime(ok for free, not worth for money) >>> HBO max(AT&T give me it for free, but not worth even for free) >= Apple TV+ (pathetic).

VinceLP

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
So close to pulling the trigger! Already paying for news+, 2TB iCloud, and iTunes Match : $22.08/month

I'm worried Music will screw with my MATCH uploads, anyone else in the same boat?
I have both iTunes Match and Apple Music and they work great together, no problem at all.

• Wow
Reactions: 211 and Xand&Roby

hangkous

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2011
How is this released in the UAE but not in the Netherlands...

This!
I already have some services, but I refuse to add more because I would be paying more than Apple One and getting less. Not a good deal. I think that offering Fitness in The Netherlands shouldn't be in English... I disagree.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
I have both iTunes Match and Apple Music and they work great together, no problem at all.
iTunes Match is included with Apple Music. Both services expose a new setting called "Sync Library", which either matches your ripped music to iTunes Store (DRM-free) or uploads to iCloud Music Library (does not count toward iCloud storage space).

You should cancel iTunes Match.

VinceLP

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
iTunes Match is included with Apple Music. Both services expose a new setting called "Sync Library", which either matches your ripped music to iTunes Store (DRM-free) or uploads to iCloud Music Library (does not count toward iCloud storage space).

You should cancel iTunes Match.
I can’t believe I didn’t know that… thanks ??

LeonardXW

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2016
Apple, please make apple fitness + available at Singapore please. It does not make sense that Malaysia can have it while Singapore don't have it since both countries are so close to each other.

Also, please release HomePod mini in Singapore (this is my Christmas Wishlist)

sonezu

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2020
As stated in the source on macerkopf, relating to the press release by Apple, Apple One Premier will cost 28,95 Euro in Gernany without Apple News. Since most of the prices are Dollars = Euro, Apple News is worth 1 Dollar, I guess?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.