Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
I know double tap is a stupid limitation given the accessibility option has been there for ages.

Its supposed to be not as reliable and uses less battery on the Ultra 2, Series 9 as its all done with the new chip/s in the Ultra and Series 9.

Moriakum

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2022
The weather app on my Watch SE stopped working since the update. It opens but it doesn’t show any info at all. Anyone else with this problem?

Harry110

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2011
Apple Watch update is stuck on "Paused." I've updated my iPhone to 17.1. I'm connected to WiFi. Both my watch and phone are connected to their chargers. Anyone know what I'm missing?

Update: it had been stuck like that for 15 minutes. But the MOMENT I hit "post reply" it started working. Because of course it did. I'm still crediting the forum for the fix. Thanks!

clcnyc

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
NYC

Apple today released watchOS 10.1, the latest version of the watchOS 10 operating system that was released in September. watchOS 10.1 comes four weeks after watchOS 10.0.2, a minor update that brought bug fixes.

watchOS-10-Launch-Feature.jpg

‌watchOS 10‌‌.1 can be downloaded for free through the Apple Watch app on an iPhone running iOS 17 or later by opening it up and going to General > Software Update. To install the new software, the Apple Watch needs to have at least 50 percent battery and it needs to be placed on a charger.

There are several new Apple Watch features enabled in watchOS 10.1, including NameDrop. NameDrop lets you tap an Apple Watch to another Apple Watch or iPhone to exchange contact information with someone.

apple-watch-namedrop.jpg

The update also includes Double Tap, a gesture that is available on the Apple Watch Series 9 and the Apple Watch Ultra 2. Double Tap can be activated by tapping the index finger and thumb together twice, and it can be used to answer phone calls, end phone calls, stop alarms, and more.

Apple-Watch-Ultra-2-double-tap-gesture-230912-Faeture-Blue.jpg

Along with these two features, there are a handful of bug fixes, including an issue that could cause cities not to sync in the Weather app and a bug that could cause the elevation to be incorrect for some users. Apple's full release notes for the update are below.
More details on everything new in the watchOS 10 update can be found in our watchOS 10 roundup.

Article Link: Apple Releases watchOS 10.1 With Double Tap, NameDrop and More
Anyone else having this iss
Apple Watch update is stuck on "Paused." I've updated my iPhone to 17.1. I'm connected to WiFi. Both my watch and phone are connected to their chargers. Anyone know what I'm missing?

Update: it had been stuck like that for 15 minutes. But the MOMENT I hit "post reply" it started working. Because of course it did. I'm still crediting the forum for the fix. Thanks!
same thing here is just hanging. Wtf apple???

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2008
At least it shows properly on the watch. I would be frustrated with the app on the phone as well but, given others are seeing the same thing, it very well may be another bug.
Yup its the same for everyone I have spoken too.

Case in point, how do the software team not see this issue whilst testing is beyond me.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Yup its the same for everyone I have spoken too.

Case in point, how do the software team not see this issue whilst testing is beyond me.

Apple needs to overhaul the beta testing process. It seems to be quite inadequate on current form.

Reactions: NetMage

jameswilby

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2016
I guess it would have something to do with the U chip? I won‘t ever use this so I didn‘t really look into it, though.
Yeh the U1 was first added in the S6. Not trying to argue with you, to be clear 😄, but I really don't understand the strange exclusion of this watch model. Arbitrary limitations like this may have sound reasoning but given Apples track record it always makes me suspicious

• Disagree
Reactions: NetMage

SFjohn

macrumors 68020
Sep 8, 2016
If you have two watches and one phone, the automatic watch update process never ever works. It's a horrible experience. Does anyone have that working without manual intervention? Thanks for any advice.
It’s super easy, in the watch app turn off “Auto Switch” and select the watch you want to update. After the 1st watch updates select the second watch and update it. After both watches are updated turn back on “Auto Switch”. 👍🏻

Gcon45

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2023
Updated yesterday day morning. Battery was at 89%, after updating was completed and worn for an hour, battery was at 7%. Charged all night and battery has gone from 100% - 16% in 2.5 hours.

Fun.

Oh, and yeah, I already erased the watch, re-paired, and set up as new.

Lumineux

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2006
Updated yesterday day morning. Battery was at 89%, after updating was completed and worn for an hour, battery was at 7%. Charged all night and battery has gone from 100% - 16% in 2.5 hours.

Fun.

Oh, and yeah, I already erased the watch, re-paired, and set up as new.
Similar issue with my Ultra2. Normally battery lasts 2-3 days, today I made it only 4 hours from 100% to 10%.
I was going to try re-pairing since I've seen other people saying that. Guess I might not do that now.

Reactions: zecanard

Gcon45

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2023
Similar issue with my Ultra2. Normally battery lasts 2-3 days, today I made it only 4 hours from 100% to 10%.
I was going to try re-pairing since I've seen other people saying that. Guess I might not do that now.
Was a ”genius” at Apple for 10+ years first this is to reset all content and settings then re-pair and set up as new.

Definitely did not solve the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.