Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

112906-xcode_4_1_dev_2_500.jpg

Alongside yesterday's release of Mac OS X Lion Developer Preview 2, Apple also pushed out a new developer version of Xcode 4.1 in support of Lion.

According to MacStories, the new build brings support for fullscreen mode in project and workspace windows, as well as enhancements to the Core Data editor and compiler.

Article Link: Apple Releases Xcode 4.1 Developer Preview 2

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Gah! I just updated everything too. Oh well if bugs are getting fixed I suppose its OK. (Although it sucks for those without unlimited internet :/)

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
I hope Apple have added more 'Fix it' capabilities. At the moment the range of what it can actually fix is small. Adding fixit for adding #imports automatically would be great.

Performance imprpvements would be nice too!

Overall, I'm really enjoying XCode 4.

Branskins

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Are there any books out yet that are based on Xcode 4.x?

No, those should be coming in a few months!

Does anyone know if 4.1 fixed the annoying bug when you create a new project or add a new file to project you must CLICK on the icon and tap to click does not work?

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
One small thing that annoys me:

- Select a method from the drop-down list.
- Scroll away from that part of the file.
- Select the method again from the list.

The editor doesn't scroll to show the method - it assumes you're still looking at it. You need to select another method, then select the method you want again.

Does anyone know if this is fixed in the latest Xcode?

MrNomNoms

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Wellington, New Zealand
With XCode 4.1, what is the default compiler set to? IIRC 4.0 made the GCC-LLVM the default compiler, with 4.1 is that still the case or have they moved to CLANG-LLVM?

If I recall correctly submissions for the AppStore once Lion is released will require XCode 4.1 which will be interesting to see the outcome in terms of speed and stability on applications that are 'Lion Compatible' once they appear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.