Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming tvOS 11.2.5 update to developers for testing purposes, a little over one week after releasing the tvOS 11.2 update.

Designed for the fourth and fifth-generation Apple TV models, the tvOS 11.2.5 developer beta can be downloaded onto the Apple TV via a profile that's installed using Xcode.

appletv4k-800x630.jpg

We don't yet know what features or changes might be included in the 11.2.5 update, but it likely focuses primarily on bug fixes and performance improvements rather than major outward-facing changes.

The prior update, tvOS 11.2, allows the 4K Apple TV to automatically switch video display modes to match the native frame rate and dynamic range of video content. It also introduced a new Sports section for the dedicated TV app, offering up access to live sports games.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of tvOS 11.2.5 to Developers

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm curious, is anyone else getting annoyed that while watching a video (Bloomberg, native Youtube, Reuters, or even VLC app - connected to routers USB) for just a few minutes leads to the app minimizing when pressing Menu key?

I thought Menu key would first get me into the apps menu first, second touch to get to the ATV4 home screen?!

ThatGuyInLa

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2012
SC
Fingers crossed for Dolby Atmos passthrough...

You would think if they had movies ready to go that were once 1080p D5.1, and are now 4K Dolby Vision, they could further upgrade those movies to Dolby Atmos for audio streaming as well. You would think. You...would...think.

Andreas77

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2009
You would think if they had movies ready to go that were once 1080p D5.1, and are now 4K Dolby Vision, they could further upgrade those movies to Dolby Atmos for audio streaming as well. You would think. You...would...think.
Serveral movies on Netflix has Atmos also

nickp85

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2016
Anyone seeing a 2-3 second audio lag behind video since updating? Any video I play in any app on Apple TV 4K (Plex, YouTube, TV channel apps etc) has the issue and restart hasn't fixed it. Not sure what to do. Was working perfectly fine before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.