Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming watchOS 5.1.3 update to developers, four days after releasing the watchOS 5.1.2 update with new complications for the Infograph face and ECG functionality for Apple Watch Series 4 owners.

Apple's release notes state that watchOS 5.1.3 "contains bug fixes and improvements," so this appears to be a minor update.

applewatchseries4watchfaces.jpg

Once the proper configuration profile has been installed from the Apple Developer Center, the new watchOS beta can be downloaded through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General --> Software update.

To install the update, the Apple Watch needs to have at least 50 percent battery, it must be placed on the charger, and it has to be in range of the iPhone.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of watchOS 5.1.3 to Developers With 'Bug Fixes and Improvements'

Pragati55

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2018
INDIA

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming watchOS 5.1.3 update to developers, four days after releasing the watchOS 5.1.2 update with new complications for the Infograph face and ECG functionality for Apple Watch Series 4 owners.

Apple's release notes state that watchOS 5.1.3 "contains bug fixes and improvements," so this appears to be a minor update.

applewatchseries4watchfaces.jpg

Once the proper configuration profile has been installed from the Apple Developer Center, the new watchOS beta can be downloaded through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General --> Software update.

To install the update, the Apple Watch needs to have at least 50 percent battery, it must be placed on the charger, and it has to be in range of the iPhone.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of watchOS 5.1.3 to Developers With 'Bug Fixes and Improvements'
When Apple will release ECG app for India sir ?

magicschoolbus

macrumors 68020
May 27, 2014
I literally have been updating an Apple Watch so when my fiancé opens it she does not have to go through hours worth of software updates. I just wrapped it and put it under the tree and now it looks like there might be a software update. Grrr.

Reactions: martyjmclean

rpat701

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
I literally have been updating an Apple Watch so when my fiancé opens it she does not have to go through hours worth of software updates. I just wrapped it and put it under the tree and now it looks like there might be a software update. Grrr.
You're a wonderful wife for doing that. But really, it isn't a big deal.

JulesK

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2002
Why no Alarm complication in the Infograph Modular face? They need to fix this. It's in the regular Modular face. Granted, you only get one additional complication with the infograph modular face, but still.

centauratlas

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2003
Florida
When Apple will release ECG app for India sir ?

You have to talk to your government to find out why the process is difficult, when it would be released and why they don't accept approvals from other countries. Apple is at the mercy of the Indian government there, just as they are at the mercy of the FDA in the US.

The Oak

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2013
Plss can any one confirm that when ECG feature rolling out in India ?

You have to talk to your government to find out why the process is difficult, when it would be released and why they don't accept approvals from other countries. Apple is at the mercy of the Indian government there, just as they are at the mercy of the FDA in the US.

I have heard of folks that purchased their Apple Watch in the US ... still able to use the EKG features abroad outside of the US.

If you have a contact in the US, they could purchase one (may need to activate it???) and send it to you. I am NOT sure if that would work.

Or as noted ... wait till your government gives the green light.

TechRemarker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
The update should only take a few minutes. If taking hours it maybe your internet connection, so she could always update at work or a starbucks where it's typically pretty fast depending location.

magicschoolbus

macrumors 68020
May 27, 2014
The update should only take a few minutes. If taking hours it maybe your internet connection, so she could always update at work or a starbucks where it's typically pretty fast depending location.
lol we have fios.. i just remember unboxing my apple watch and wanted to use it so bad but it took me forever to use because of all of the updates I had to download.. maybe it was just a bad day at the Apple servers.

rojocrandall

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2009
Christmas is two weeks away...keep unwrapped for updating at least until 12/24... :)

radus

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2009

They could release it first as an informative feature and later after approval as a medial Device.

You can even buy ultrasound imagers not approved buy the fda or other countries agentures.
Look at OsirixMD and Osirix both are Dicom viewers, the md Version is fda approved, the free Version not.

FireFish

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
Apple Watch Beta 5.1.3 (Beta 1)

ECG on Apple Watch series 4 worked like butter until that latest seeded beta. Since then, every single ECG registers as Inconclusive.

Am I alone here? :mad::apple::mad::confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.