Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first betas of upcoming iOS 14.3 and iPadOS 14.3 updates to developers for testing purposes, one week after releasing iOS 14.2.

ios14handsonthumb_feature2.jpg

iOS and iPadOS 14.3 can be downloaded through the Apple Developer Center or over the air after the proper developer profile has been installed.

There's no word yet on what's included in the iOS 14.3 update, but it likely focuses on features, bug fixes, and performance improvements that weren't able to be included in the iOS 14.2 release.

Once we've downloaded the update and discovered what's new, we'll update this article with details.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Betas of iOS 14.3 and iPadOS 14.3 to Developers

Last edited:

AppleSmurf

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2020
Is anyone seeing cellular issues with iOS 14? I got the iPhone 12 and ever since I'm dropping calls in places where I never had dropped calls with my old phone (iPhone 8+). Not sure if it's hardware or OS.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Yep just coming to remind people like fireguy just did. Last year I made the mistake of putting it on my X a few days before I got the 11 Pro Max. Then I had to wait for the beta to be able to restore. Took an extra amount of time especially with all the new phones activating and hitting the servers.
So transfer/restore your phone tomorrow with a current backup, then add the beta profile once your restore is complete.

Reactions: SDJim

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Yep just coming to remind people like fireguy just did. Last year I made the mistake of putting it on my X a few days before I got the 11 Pro Max. Then I had to wait for the beta to be able to restore. Took an extra amount of time especially with all the new phones activating and hitting the servers.
So transfer/restore your phone tomorrow with a current backup, then add the beta profile once your restore is complete.

Wise words :)

fireguy286

macrumors demi-god
Sep 15, 2014
NY'er in Philly
\
Bingo.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Releasing this at the same time was the wrong thing to do. They increased the delta making the issues harder to track down. It is the most major Mac release in 20 years. I don't understand why Apple would do something like that to themselves.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.